Admission decisions in the PhD program are made by departmental admissions committees on a competitive basis. Those seeking admission to the PhD program should have demonstrated high levels of success in their previous academic work and on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) . Additional criteria for admission are recommendation letters and a goals and objectives statement. A personal interview may also be requested by the admissions committee.
We anticipate having a limited number of graduate assistantships available for doctoral students. The assistantships pay approximately $20,000 for twelve months, plus partial tuition waivers. Decisions regarding assistantships will be made on a competitive basis.
Please note that the PhD Program admits students for Fall Term on a full-time basis only. We do not admit for Spring or Summer. All application material, including the GMAT score, must be received by the appropriate deadline. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered for Fall 2015.
Domestic and International Applicants - January 2
To apply to the Doctoral Program in the College of Business, you need to submit the following items:
- College of Business Preliminary Application (Required- This application specifies your concentration field.)
- Appropriate University Application (Required)
- A statement of goals and objectives
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from academic references. A list of your references and their e-mails can be submitted with the university application. The university will send an e-mail to each reference providing a link where the letter of recommendation can be submitted.
- Official transcripts from all schools attended in sealed envelopes from the Registrar of the school
- Copy of your GMAT score. (The official score must be submitted via Pearson Vue to USF. Code: VP9-M4-23)
- Copies of TOEFL and IBT scores if applicable. Official scores need to be submitted via ETS to USF.
Information on the GMAT is available at: http://www.mba.com/mba/TaketheGMAT
You may upload your resume and statement of goals and objectives to the online application. The online application will also give you the option of listing the contacts for your references. The references will be contacted once your application has been submitted and the fee paid. They will then be able to complete the recommendation letter through the email that is sent to them from the application system. Or you may have recommendation letters submitted directly to the address below from your references. You may upload unofficial transcripts and test scores to the online application. If you are admitted and decide to attend, we will need official transcripts and test scores to be submitted.
College of Business, Doctoral Program
University of South Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue, BSN 3403
Tampa, FL 33620-5500
Email questions about the application process to email@example.com.