21st Century Leadership-Strengthen your Management Skills with a Certificate in Organization Development and Leadership
Effective leadership can improve every organization. Successful leaders are able to exude a positive attitude and create efficient results even during change. USF Continuing Education's Organization Development and Leadership program offers skills needed to become a great leader. Choose from courses designed to help you strengthen all facets of your management abilities and lead change to achieve positive results within your team and throughout your entire organization. Course topics include building high-performance teams, building a culture of trust, promoting your ideas to influence decision makers and more.
You may enroll in individual courses or complete the entire certificate sequence to earn a resume-enhancing credential. Convenient courses are offered nights, weekends and weekdays to accommodate working professionals. These courses are on an open enrollment basis with no application required!
Who Should Attend?
- Leaders or managers at all levels.
- People who aspire to get into leadership.
- HR professionals or professionals in charge of development and leadership programs at their company.
- Professionals who are SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certified and are seeking to earn recertification credit to maintain their credential.
- Professionals who are wanting to work better with leaders in their organizations.
- Career changers who are seeking the skills needed to excel at managing teams of people.
- Participants that are interested in taking individual courses on subjects that are changing the way we work on a daily basis.
What You Will Learn
Participants will learn how to build a better team, improve management skills and use effective leadership skills to strengthen their organization.
To earn the Organization Development and Leadership Certificate you must complete five courses and the independent study. Students have up to two years to complete the required courses.
- Being a Change Agent Project Manager
- Building a Culture of Trust
- Building High-Performing Teams
- Change Management Using Agile Methodologies
- Creating an Engaged Workforce
- Creating Innovation that Affects the Bottom Line
- Leading Forward-Thinking Communication
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- Leading with Strengths
- Promoting Your Ideas In Order to Influence Decision Makers
- Values Based Leadership
- OD Leadership Capstone Course (Independent Study)
- Start Your Journey into Global Leadership
What You Will Earn
For each course you will earn continuing education contact hours/CEUs and you will receive a letter of completion, which may apply for professional development credit. Upon successfully completing this program, you will receive a certificate from USF Continuing Education.
Cost of Attendance
$425 per course
USF Alumni, USF Faculty & Staff, USF Faculty & Staff Family Members and USF Students are eligible to receive 10 percent discount on Continuing Education courses. How to Receive the Discount.
View upcoming scheduled sessions.
|Course Name||Start Date||Total Hours||Class 1||Class 2|
|Building a Culture of Trust||September 11, 2017||2, 3 hour sessions||Mon., Sep. 11||Mon., Sep. 18|
|Change Management using Agile Methodologies||September 25, 2017||2, 3 hour sessions||Mon., Sep. 25||Wed., Sep. 27|
|Leading with Emotional Intelligence||October 9, 2017||2, 3 hour sessions||Mon., Oct. 9||Tues., Oct. 10|
|Promoting your Ideas in Order to Influence Decision Makers||October 21, 2017||1, 6 hour session||Sat., Oct. 21||xxxxxxxxxxx|
|Creating Innovation that Affects the Bottom Line||November 6, 2017||2, 3 hour sessions||Mon., Nov. 6||Wed., Nov. 8|
|Values Based Leadership||November 28, 2017||2, 3 hour sessions||Tues., Nov. 28||Wed., Nov. 29|
|Creating an Engaged Workforce||January 22, 2017||2, 3 hour sessions||Mon., Jan. 22||Wed., Jan. 24|
For More Information, including Corporate Training
Contact: 813-974-5550 or CE-Inquiries@usf.edu