Lead Your Organization into Creating a Culture that Will Produce Results with a Certificate in Organization Development and Leadership
Creating the "right" environment or cultivating the "right" corporate culture is one
of the key foundations of business success. The foundation is fundamental to employee
performance, engagement, productivity, innovation and growth. One only needs to scour
the internet to find hundreds to thousands of books and articles written on this subject
every year but sadly the implementation of best practices in this area remains sorely
The USF Certificate in Organization Development and Leadership synthesizes the research and data on this subject into an impactful program of study in order to equip you with the tools and insight you need to positively affect your organization. Completing this program will give you the skills you need to lead and cultivate a winning culture that will positively affect your business, department, or company.
Course Structure and What You Will Learn
Our Organization and Development Program is made up of 5 courses and a capstone course. Our program is 30 hours contact long so you can finish your certificate in under 2 months while earning CE/PDU or SHRM recertification credits. One important feature that sets our program apart from others is our program is exclusively taught by industry veterans and consultants who live what they teach and preach on a daily basis, so you are only getting proven high quality instruction and skills that work in the real world. Another feature is that our open enrollment courses are typically held two evenings a week beginning at 6pm or on Saturday, so that they are meant for working professionals or those with extremely busy or hectic lives. We also offer these courses to companies on site as well if you have a captive number of participants you would like to train.
Sign up for our program today and make a difference in the future!
You may enroll in individual courses or complete the entire certificate sequence to earn a resume-enhancing credential. Convenient courses are offered nights and weekends to accommodate working professionals. These courses are on an open enrollment basis with no application or prerequisites required!
Who Should Attend?
- HR professionals or professionals in charge of development and leadership programs at their company.
- Professionals who are SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certified and are seeking to earn recertification credit to maintain their credential.
- Professionals looking to make a difference in their organization in this field.
- Participants that are interested in knowledge gaining or career acceleration.
What You Will Learn
Participants will learn how to build a better team, improve management skills and use effective leadership skills to strengthen their organization.
To earn the Organization Development and Leadership Certificate you must complete five courses and the independent study. To successfully complete the program, participants must meet the attendance requirement. Students have up to two years to complete the required courses.
- Building a Culture of Trust
- Building High-Performing Teams
- Creating an Engaged Workforce
- Creating Innovation that Affects the Bottom Line
- Effective Communication for Today's Leaders
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- Negotiating When You Have to Win NEW COURSE OFFERING!
- Persuasive Business Case Writing NEW COURSE OFFERING!
- Presenting Powerfully for Engagement and Impact NEW COURSE OFFERING!
- Project Management for Leaders, the 5 Keys to Project Success NEW COURSE OFFERING!
- Promoting Your Ideas In Order to Influence Decision Makers
- Start Your Journey into Global Leadership
- The 21st Century Leader's Toolkit NEW COURSE OFFERING!
- Train-the-Trainer for the Company or Corporate Facilitator NEW COURSE OFFERING!
- Values Based Leadership
- OD Leadership Capstone Course (Independent Study)
What You Will Earn
For each course you will earn continuing education contact hours/CEUs and you will receive a letter of completion, which may apply for professional development credit. Upon successfully completing this program, you will receive a certificate from USF Continuing Education.
Cost of Attendance
$425 per course
USF Alumni, USF Faculty & Staff, USF Faculty & Staff Family Members, USF Students and Veterans are eligible to receive 10 percent discount on Continuing Education courses. How to Receive the Discount.
View upcoming scheduled sessions.
|Each course listed below is valid for 6 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.|
|Course Name||Start Date||Total Hours||Class 1||Class 2|
|Creating Innovation that Affects the Bottom Line||June 4, 2018||2, 3 hour sessions||Mon., June 4||Wed., June 6|
|Values Based Leadership||June 11, 2018||2, 3 hour sessions||Mon., June 11||Wed., June 13|
|Building a Culture of Trust||June 19, 2018||2, 3 hour sessions||Tues., June 19||Thurs, June 21|
|Presenting Powerfully for Engagement and Impact||June 23, 2018||1, 6 hour session||Sat., June 23||xxx|
|Effective Communication for Today's Leaders||June 26, 2018||2, 3 hour sessions||Tues., June 26||Thurs., June 28|
|Project Management for Leaders, 5 Keys to Project Success||August 13, 2018||2, 3 hour sessions||Mon., Aug. 13||Wed., Aug. 15|
|Building High-Performing Teams||August 20, 2018||2, 3 hour sessions||Mon., Aug. 20||Wed., Aug. 22|
|Negotiating When You Have to Win||August 21, 2018||2, 3 hour sessions||Tues., Aug. 21||Thurs., Aug. 23|
|Persuasive Business Case Writing||September 8, 2018||2, 3 hour sessions||Sat., Sept. 8||Sat., Sept. 15|
|Promoting Your Ideas In Order to Influence Decision Makers||October 6, 2018||1, 6 hour session||Sat., Oct. 6||xxx|
For More Information, including Corporate Training
Contact: 813-974-5550 or CE-Inquiries@usf.edu