Graduate Application Procedures
In order to apply to our graduate program, you must apply to the University of South Florida Graduate Program and choose Computer Science and Engineering. Just follow the instructions included in this link.
In order to complete your application, you will need the following information:
1. Your Social Security Number, if you have one
2. If claiming Florida Residency for tuition purposes at a public institution, two (2) of the following items are required for either the student or claimant:
a. Florida Driver's License
b. Florida Vehicle Registration
c. Florida Voters Registration
d. Credit Card
3. A copy of your official transcripts.
4. Test scores - TOEFL and GRE scores are required for all international students. The Institutional Code for the University of South Florida is 5828. There is no department code for test scores as the department receives the scores through the university system. The GRE may be waived for MS-degree applicants with an undergraduate degree from an accredited U.S. university. The GRE is required for all Ph.D. applicants. For MS applicants who want to be considered for an assistantship or fellowship you must submit GRE scores.
5. Three (3) letters of recommendation. You will be asked to submit the name and email addresses of three recommenders of your choice. The system will automatically email them with instructions to submit the letters. Please ask your recommenders to upload PDF files with their letters on official letter head of their institutions and appropriately signed. Contact your references ahead of time, so that they can expect your request for recommendation and they are submitted before the deadlines.
6. Statement of Purpose. You will be asked to submit a PDF file with your statement of purpose. Please include three areas of research that you are interested in. You may also upload any other documents that you think relevant or important to your application.Important Notes:
- The Department reviews all applications in a comprehensive manner; meaning that we usually do not make admission decisions based on a single criteria. Instead, we consider ALL requirements above to evaluate the likelihood of success of the applicant in our program.
- The Department WILL NOT review ANY application until ALL documents HAVE BEEN RECEIVED.