Alfredo Weitzenfeld is a Professor of Computer Science and Engineering at the College of Engineering at the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida, USA. Dr. Weitzenfeld received a PhD in Computer Science and an MS in Computer Engineering from the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, California, USA. He received a BS in Electrical Engineering from the Technion in Haifa, Israel. Dr. Weitzenfeld is the Director of the Biorobotics Laboratory and the USF RoboBulls robot soccer teams at USF. His research is primarily funded by NSF in the area of biologically-inspired robotics. Other areas of interest include cognitive robotic, humanoid robots, multi-robot systems and biomedical engineering. Dr. Weitzenfeld has authored 2 books and over 130 refereed journal and conference papers.
Dr. Weitzenfeld main research interests are in biologically-inspired robotics, cognitive robotic, humanoid robots and multi-robot systems.
Dr. Weitzenfeld main teaching interests are in robotics and biologically inspired neural systems
PhD in Computer Science, University of Southern California (1992)
MS in Computer Engineering, University of Southern California (1985)
BS in Electrical Engineering, Technion, Israel (1982)
Honors and Awards:
• IEEE-RAS Distinguished Lecturer (2007-2010)
• IEEE Senior Member
• Director, USF BioRobotics Laboratory
• Advisor, USF RoboBulls
• Member Executive Advisory Board, Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems
• Member Executive Advisory Board, Latin American Robotics Council
• Member Internal Advisory Council, RoboCup Federation
• Member Internal Advisory Board, Mexican Robotics Federation
• Director, Neural Simulation Language (NSL) Project