Bright Futures Scholarships
Can I receive both Florida Pre-Paid and Bright Futures?
Yes, and this is how it works..
Florida Bright Futures (FBF) funds are received from the State of Florida at the end of the first week of classes each semester. FBF will send funds in the amount of the scholarship you will be receiving to cover tuition. For example, if you have Florida Academic Scholars, $103 per credit hour will be paid. Medallion Scholars will pay $77 per credit hour.
After the first week of classes each term, your FBF payment will be applied to pay the tuition charges posted to your student account.
- Payment of charges on your student account occurs in the following order:
- Tuition charges, then
- On-Campus Housing, then
- Meal Plan and
- Bookstore charges, (if posted to your student account via BAPP)
The University Controller's Office (UCO) administers your Florida Pre-Paid (FPP) account in the Cashier's Office, SVC 1038.
- USF matches the list of currently enrolled students to the FPP database;
- The amount of FPP that will pay towards your fees will display in OASIS. For more details, click here
- Approximately 4 weeks after the start of classes, FPP will be applied towards your student account
- Excess funds remaining after tuition has been paid will be applied to any other charges you owe the University. If you do not owe any other charges a refund will be sent either to the student's mailing local address or deposited into their banking account if they have signed up for eDeposit