Tenure and Promotion
In order for the University to perform its functions effectively, it is essential that faculty members feel free to express new ideas and divergent viewpoints in their teaching and research. In the process of teaching and research, there must be freedom to question and challenge accepted "truths." A university must create an atmosphere that encourages faculty members to develop and share different ideas and divergent views and to make inquiries unbounded by present norms. Tenure contributes significantly to the creation of such an atmosphere.
The deadline for 2017-18 Tenure applications is Monday, January 15, 2018 at 5 p.m. Please see the Tenure and Promotion Memo for further information.
Applications and Inserts
- CurrentTenure and Promotion Application
- CurrentTenure and Promotion Guidelines
- NEW Tenure and Promotion Guidelines
- Summary of Assigned Duties Form
- Student Evaluation Form
- Invitation to External Reviewers (illustrative letter)
Previous recipients of tenure and promotion, effective:
Career Path for Instructors
- Promotion Guidelines
- Career Path for Instructors Form
- Memorandum of Understanding Article 14 - Promotions