Mission and Goals
USF World leads the University's engagement with the world by providing resources
that empower the university community to function as global leaders and global stewards.
USF World is committed to:
- Creating opportunities for the global exchange of people and ideas that promote intercultural competence and appreciation.
- Building robust and sustainable partnerships necessary for innovative and cooperative solutions to the global challenges.
- Advocating for academic programs informed by the global context.
- Supporting learning experiences that allow students to integrate successfully into international communities and work environments at home and abroad.
- Incentivizing, recognizing and rewarding faculty who pursue globally focused education, research and scholarship.
- Contributing to the University's global profile through social media, web-based content, and traditional media outlets; advancing the understanding of USF World, and promoting its image through a branding campaign.
- Hosting international scholars, conferences and visitors.
- Expanding the financial base for international activities for education, engagement and research abroad.
- Promoting USF-Tampa Bay partnerships around the world.
1. Promote a Global Culture at USF
2. Globalize Student Success
3. Enhance Global Initiatives within the University System
4. Deepen Global Engagement with the Tampa Community