Dr. Daniel Cruz-Ramirez de Arellano
Office: BSF 313
Phone: (813) 974-9182
B.S. in Chemistry, University of Puerto Rico – Río Piedras Campus, 2008
Ph.D. in Chemistry, Purdue University, 2013
- Student learning in general chemistry and organic chemistry
- Diversity and inclusion in STEM
Dood, A. J., Dood, J. C., Cruz-Ramírez de Arellano, D., Fields, K. B. and Raker, J. R., (2020), Analyzing explanations of substitution reactions using lexical analysis and logistic regression techniques, Chemistry Education Research and Practice, 21, 267-286.
Mattheis A., Cruz-Ramírez de Arellano D. and Yoder J. B., (2020), A model of queer STEM identity in the workplace, Journal of Homosexuality, 67(13), 1839-1863.
Dood, A. J., Fields, K. B., Cruz-Ramírez de Arellano, D. and Raker, J. R., (2019), Development and evaluation of a Lewis acid-base tutorial for use in postsecondary organic chemistry courses, Canadian Journal of Chemistry, 97(10), 711-721.
Raker J. R., Gibbons R. E. and Cruz-Ramírez de Arellano D., (2019), Development and evaluation of the organic chemistry‐specific achievement emotions questionnaire (AEQ‐OCHEM), Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 56(2), 163-183.
Cruz-Ramírez de Arellano D. and Towns M. H., (2014), Students’ understanding of alkyl halide reactions in undergraduate organic chemistry, Chemistry Education Research and Practice, 15, 501-515.
- American Chemical Society – Division of Chemical Education
- American Chemical Society – Division of Professional Relations – Subdivision of Gay and Transgender Chemists and Allies
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals (NOGLSTP)
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)