Any business registered with the Florida Secretary of State is eligible to do business with the University of South Florida. However, qualifying small-, minority-, women-, and service disabled veteran-owned business enterprises providing goods or services to USF should be certified by one of the following certifying entities:
- Florida State Minority Supplier Development Council (FSMSDC)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- State of Florida Office of Supplier Diversity
- Small Business Administration (SBA) (8A, HUsB Zone)
- Department of Veteran Affairs
- FDOT DBE
Below are general qualifications for certification as a diverse business, however you will need to contact each organization individually to get specific requirements.
- 51% or more of firm owned by qualifying minority* or woman
- Possess expertise in the field
- Control the business enterprise
- United States Citizen
- Have a net worth of less than $5 million
- Have 200 or fewer full-time employees
- Have a professional license, if required by industry
*Minority groups include African American, American Indians, Hispanics and Asian Americans or as defined by 13 CFR 124.103.