April Bailey is an instructor in the School of Marketing and Innovation and director of the Business Honors Program. She has been teaching marketing since 2005 and is the 2019 recipient of the Muma Collge of Business Dean's Research and Teaching Grant. Prior to her appointment here, she taught for the past four years at St. Petersburg College's College of Business, where she served as academic chair. She managed the associate-level certificates program for management, marketing, entrepreneurship, accounting and other related fields of study. She also served as an adjunct associate professor of marketing at the University of Maryland University College in Adelphi, Maryland.
She was associate professor of information technology for business education and was the director of the first-year seminar program at John L. Grove College of Business at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania. Her higher-education teaching career dates back to 2004.
Bailey earned a PhD from Pennsylvania State University in 2009. She received an MBA and a bachelor's degree in business administration at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania.
GEB 2099 Business Honors Professional Development II
- GEB 3033 - Business Workplace Skills and Best Practices
- GEB 2098 - Business Honors Professional Development
- GEB 4970 General Business Honors Thesis
- Danesh, A., & Bailey, A. E., & Whisenand, T., (2015), "Technology and Instructor-Interface Interaction in Distance Education. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 6(2).
- Becker, W. S., Bailey, A. E., & Catanio, J. T., (2014), "Incivility at Work: A Project Management Case Involving Workplace Bullying." Journal of Human Resources Education, 8(2-3).
- Bailey, A. E. & Rollins, R. D., (2014), "A Study of Integrating Technology with Educational Goals in Public Schools." Global Education Journal, 1014(2).
- Bailey, A. E., Cranton, P., & Flannery, D., (2011), "Understanding Adult Business Students' Transitions to an Undergraduate Program Through a First-Year Seminar Course." International Journal of Business and Social Science, 2(23).
- Supervisor and success coach, Career Services Employee Growth and Success Initiative, St. Petersburg College, 2016
- Member, St. Petersburg College's College of Business Advisory Board, 2014–2018
- Member, Hospitality and Tourism Advisory Board, 2014–2018