Associate Dean for Financial Management and Undergraduate Programs
Professor of Instruction
Room: BSN 3313
Phone: (813) 974-6519
Fax: (813) 974-6528
Jennifer Cainas is the Lynn Pippenger Teaching Fellow in the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy. She also serves as associate dean for financial management and undergraduate programs. She teaches both principles and upper-level financial and managerial courses. She has received numerous teaching awards, including the Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award at the University of South Florida several times.
Her dissertation topic examines certain psychological attributes of entrepreneurial CEO's and their proclivity to adopt formalized management control systems. She also has research interests in the areas of fraud, fraud prevention, supply chain fraud and corporate social responsibility reporting. Cainas also is a licensed CPA in Florida. Prior to entering academia, she served as a controller for an international title insurance company and worked for a multi-national mortgage company. She currently serves as a board member for the West Coast Chapter of FICPA.
She earned a Doctor of Business Administration degree from the University of Florida, a master's degree in accounting and a bachelor's degree in accounting from USF.
- ACG 2021 - Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACG 2071 - Principles of Managerial Accounting
- Faculty advisor, Beta Alpha Psi
- Chair, Muma College of Business Scholarship Committee
- Chair, Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy Scholarship Committee
- Chair, USF-FICPA Fall Accounting Conference, 2010, 2016
- Member, FICPA Relations with Accounting Educators Committee
- Board member, West Coast Chapter of FICPA
- Chair, Student Night Event for West Coast Chapter of FICPA
- Cainas, J. (2018) “Use Snapchat to Engage Students,” Strategic Finance, 100(2), 67-71.