Scott Geiger is a management professor in the School of Marketing and Innovation in St. Petersburg who researches and teaches strategic management. He motivates his students through courses that teach international management and global business environment.
Geiger has published his work in multiple top-tier journals, including Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Organizational Research Methods, the Journal of Business Ethics and the Journal of Business Research, to name a few. He is also a recipient of the USF Teaching Award and a three-time recipient of the college's Teaching Award. He currently serves as the treasurer of the Southern Management Association.
He earned a PhD in management, an MBA and a bachelor's degree in finance from Florida State University.
- Andrews, M., Segrest, S.L., Geiger, S., Marlin, D. & Martinez, P. (2020). Leapfrogging at work: Influencing Higher Levels in the Chain of Command. Personnel Review,
- Geiger, S., Marlin, D. & Segrest, S. (2018). Slack and performance in the hospital industry: a configurational approach. Management Decision,
- Geiger, S. & Marlin, D.R. (2016). The impact of board size and female board representation on firm financial performance. Leadership Journal Critical Thinking Series, 2016(4),
- Marlin, D.R. & Geiger, S. (2015). A reexamination of the organizational slack and innovation relationship. Journal of Business Research, 68(12), 2683-2690.
- Marlin, D.R. & Geiger, S. (2015). The organizational slack and performance relationship: A configurational approach. Management Decision, 53(10), 2339-2355.
- Geiger, S. & Marlin, D.R. (2015). Job placement as a measure of organizational quality: The case of NCAA football conferences. International Journal of Sport Management, 16(2), 182-198.
- Marlin, D.R., Geiger, S. & Ritchie, W.J. (2013). The hospital foundation strategy and performance relationship. Nonprofit Management and Leadership, 23(4), 427-441.
- Geiger, S. & Marlin, D.R. (2012). The relationship between organizational/board characteristics and the extent of female representation on corporate boards. Journal of Managerial Issues, 24(2), 157-172.
- Marlin, D.R. & Geiger, S. (2012). The composition of corporate boards of directors: Does industry matter?. Journal of Business and Economics Research, 10(3), 157-162.
- Robertson, C. & Geiger, S. (2011). Moral philosophy and managerial perceptions of ethics codes: Evidence from Peru and the United States. Cross Cultural Management: an International Journal, 18(3), 351-365.
- Marlin, D.R. & Geiger, S. (2011). The composition of corporate boards of directors: Pre-and post-Sarbanes-Oxley. Journal of Business and Economics Research, 9(2), 73-77.