Director of Operations, Center for Analytics and Creativity
Phone: (813) 974-3335
Irene Hurst is the director of operations at the USF Center for Analytics and Creativity. She has served as director of Graduate Studies, and previously served for more than 11 years as the director of USF's Small Business Development Center.
A former small business columnist for the Maddux Report, Hurst, 10 years ago, started the Women Executive Forum, an organization that gives female business owners the opportunity to lend support to one another. In 2006, she was named the Indo‐U.S. Chamber of Commerce of Tampa Bay's "Business Woman of the Year," and in 1997, she was awarded the "Woman of Distinction" award by Soroptimist International of the Americas.
Hurst earned an MBA at USF and has a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Indonesia. She serves on the Small Business of the Year Committee for the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce and is a member of several boards of directors in the region.
- Sunshine State Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors
- Indo-US Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors in Tampa
- Treasurer and director for the Minority Enterprise Development Corporation of Tampa Bay
- Past president and current member of the board of directors for the Asian-American Chambers of Commerce of Tampa Bay
- President of the Asian-American Chambers of Commerce of the Tampa Bay Foundation.