Lin Jiang is a visiting assistant professor in the USF Center for Entrepreneurship at the Muma College of Business, where she teaches a courses in creativity and innovation in entrepreneurship and strategic management/decision making.
Her research interests include technological innovation and entrepreneurship. She has published research in top academic journals such as the Academy of Management Journal, the Strategic Management Journal, Science Advances, Research Policy and Industrial and Corporate Change. Her work has been quoted by Kauffman Foundation, VoxEU.org, Inside Higher Ed, Wired.com and PhysicsWorld. She serves as reviewer for several major management journals and conferences. She is a member of the Academy of Management and the Strategic Management Society.
Jiang earned a PhD in management from Georgia Tech, an MBA and a master's degree from Creighton University and bachelor's degrees in information science and economics from Peking University in China.
- ENT 3163 - Creativity and Innovation in Entrepreneurship
- GEB 4890 - Strategic Management/Decision Making
- Jiang, L., Yin, D., & Liu, D., (2019), "Can Joy Buy You Money? The Impact of the Strength, Duration, and Phases of an Entrepreneur’s Peak Displayed Joy on Funding Performance," Academy of Management Journal, 62(6):1848–1871. https://journals.aom.org/doi/10.5465/amj.2017.1423
- Thursby, J. G., Haeussler, C., Thursby, M. C., & Jiang, L., (2018), "Prepublication Disclosure of Scientific Results: Norms, Competition, and Commercial Orientation," Science Advances, 4(5), eaar2133. http://doi.org/10.1126/sciadv.aar2133.
- Haeussler, C., Jiang, L., Thursby, J., & Thursby, M.C., (2014), "Specific and General Information Sharing Among Competing Academic Researchers," Research Policy, 43(3): 465 - 475. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respol.2013.08.017
- Ceccagonli, M., Jiang, L., (2013), "The Cost of Integrating External Technologies: Supply and Demand Drivers of Value Creation in the Markets for Technology," Strategic Management Journal, 34 (4): 404-425. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.2020
- Jiang, L., Tan, J. & Thursby, M.C., (2011), "Incumbent Firm Invention in Emerging Fields: Evidence from the Semiconductor Industry," Strategic Management Journal, 32 (1): 55-75. https://www.jstor.org/stable/40961200
- Rothaermel, F., Agung, S., Jiang, L. (2007). "University entrepreneurship: a taxonomy of the literature," Industrial and Corporate Change, 16(4): 691-791. https://dx.doi.org/10.1093/icc/dtm023
- Member, Academy of Management
- Member, Strategic Management Society
- Member, American Association for the Advancement of Science