Dirk P. Libaers is an associate professor of entrepreneurship and innovation and the director of the USF Center for Entrepreneurship at the Muma College of Business. He is the John and Beverly Grant Endowed Professor of Entrepreneurship and teaches courses in strategic entrepreneurship and creativity and design in the School of Marketing and Innovation. He was a visiting professor at the University of Kent and the University of Sussex in the United Kingdom and the University of Queensland in Australia.
His research interests include technology and academic entrepreneurship, new product and service development in new ventures and established firms, and issues related to creativity and innovation. His work has been published in the Journal of Product Innovation Management, Research Policy, the Journal of Business Venturing, R&D Management and Industrial and Corporate Change. He has written book chapters, edited books and presented papers at numerous conferences in the United States and abroad.
Libaers earned a PhD in public policy from the Georgia Institute of Technology and a master's degree from the University of Sussex. He earned an MBA from George Washington University and a bachelor's degree from Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
- ENT 6126 901 Strategic Entrepreneurship
- ENT 6930 902 Creativity & Design (spring)
Canavati, S., Libaers, D, Wang, T., Sarooghi, H, & Hooshangi, S. (2021) The relationship between human capital, new venture ideas and opportunity beliefs: A meta-analysis. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal (forthcoming)
Kiss, A.N., and Libaers, D, Barr, P., Wang, T, Zachary, M. (2020) CEO cognitive flexibility, information search behaviors and organizational ambidexterity. Strategic Management Journal, 41(12): 2200-2233.
Meyer, M., J. Cassis, O. Osiyevskyy, D. Libaers (2020) Implementing Product Platforms in a Global Enterprise: Lessons from a LED Industry Leader. Business Horizons, 63(4): 421-434.
Meyer, M., O. Osiyevskyy, Libaers, D., Van der Vught, M (2018) Does product platforming pay off? Journal of Product Innovation Management, 35(1): 66-87
- “University Transfer and Academic Entrepreneurship,” World Scientific Publishers: Singapore. The World Scientific Reference on Innovation - Volume 1, with D. Dunlap., (2018).
Enter toggled content here.
- "The Paradox of Openness: How Product and Patenting Experience Affect External R&D Sourcing in China," Journal of Product Innovation Management, with Wang, T. and Park, H.D., (2017).
- "Non-Imitative Knowledge and Innovation Performance: Empirical Evidence From New Ventures in Developing Countries," Journal of Product Innovation Management, with Wang T., (2016).
- "A Taxonomy of Small Firm Technology Commercialization," Industrial and Corporate Change, with Hicks, D. and Porter A.L., (2016).
- Regular reviewer, Research Policy, the Journal of Product Innovation Management, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, the Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice.
- Member, doctoral committees of several USF DBA students
- Program Coordinator, MS in Entrepreneurship & Applied Technologies at H-Farm, Italy
- Adviser, numerous startups housed in the Northeastern University IDEA Incubator, the screening committee for USF Connect, Student Innovation Incubator