Room: BSN 3307
Phone: (813) 974-6562
Heather Lively is an Associate Instructor in the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy and the CBIZ MHM Teaching Fellow. She teaches financial accounting and audit courses and serves as the faculty adviser for the Accounting Society.
She has several years' experience as an auditor at Ernst & Young in Tampa. Lively has had several articles published, including eight in The CPA Journal, and has presented on audit topics at a number of accounting conferences.
She is a licensed CPA and earned a master of accountancy degree and bachelor's degrees from USF. Prior to joining the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy, she taught at other campuses within the USF system.
- ACG 3113 – Intermediate Financial Accounting II
- ACG 4632 – Auditing I
- ACG 4642 – Auditing II
- Myers, Kerry, Heather Lively, and Christine Andrews, (2019) “New Laws Bring Much Tougher Data Protections.” Journal of Accountancy. Article can be found here.
- Mastracchio, N.J. and H.M. Lively, (2017). "Private Company Accounting Standards: Survey of New York CPAs Finds Adoption Slow," The CPA Journal 87 (12): 50-53.
- Mastracchio, N.J. and H.M. Lively, (2015). "How to Provide Terrific Practice Development, Receive CPE Credit, and Save Money: a CPE Primer," The CPA Journal 85 (8): 26-27.
- Annaraud, Katerina, Dipendra Singh, and H.M. Lively, (2014), "Assessing and Analyzing Internal Control Practices in the Lodging Industry," The Journal of Hospitality Financial Management 22 (1): 26-31.
- Mastracchio, N.J. and H.M. Lively, (2013). "Beware of Financial Statements Stating They Are Developed Under a New AICPA Framework," The RMA Journal 96 (3): 42-47.
- Mastracchio, N.J. and H.M. Lively, (2013). "How Many Accounting Frameworks Are Enough?" The CPA Journal 83 (8): 6, 8-9.
- Faculty adviser, Accounting Society (student organization), 2010-present
- Member, Ernst & Young (Tampa) Alumni Council, 2012-present