Trishna G. Mistry
Trishna G. Mistry is an assistant professor in the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management in Sarasota-Manatee, teaching courses that focus not only on hospitality and tourism, but hospitality human resources management and organizational effectiveness as well.
Her research interests include diversity management, human resources management, organizational behavior and strategic management. Her research has been published in internationally refereed journals including the International Journal of Hospitality Management and the Journal of Hospitality Marketing and Management. She has presented her research at various international conferences including ICHRIE, Euro CHRIE, and Elsevier World Research Summit for Tourism and Hospitality. She holds several professional memberships, including CHRIE and the Society for Human Resource Management. She has several years of lodging industry and management experience with companies like BlueGreen Vacations and Wyndham Destinations.
Mistry earned a PhD and master's degree from the University of Central Florida, concentrating on hospitality and tourism management. She received a bachelor's degree from the University of Florida in broadcast journalism.
- HFT 3003 – Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism
- HFT 4221 – Hospitality Human Resources Management
- HMG 6246 – Organizational Effectiveness (Graduate level)
- Human Resources Management
- Diversity Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Employee Wellbeing
- Employee Mistreatment
- Faculty member – USF Sarasota Manatee Campus Core curriculum Committee
- Faculty member – USF Sarasota Manatee Campus IncrediBull Critical Thinking Committee
- Guest Editor for Special Issue on COVID-19 – International Hospitality Review
- Ad-hoc Reviewer – International Journal of Hospitality Management
- Ad-hoc Reviewer – International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management
- Ad-hoc Reviewer – Journal of Vacation Marketing
- Ad-hoc Reviewer – Journal of Global Business Insights