Jong Chool Park
Jong Chool Park is an assistant professor in the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy, joining the college's faculty in the fall of 2018. His teaching focuses on financial accounting and financial statement analysis.
His research interests include financial accounting, auditing, and managerial accounting. His work has been published in the Journal of Accounting and Economics, Contemporary Accounting Research, Journal of Management Accounting Research, and Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory. His papers have been presented at a number of conferences all over North America and Asia. He previously taught accounting at Carnegie Mellon University, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in New York, and Old Dominion University in Virginia. He is also a member of the American Accounting Association and a past president of the Korean American Accounting Professors Association.
He earned a PhD and a master's degree in accounting from Carnegie Mellon University, a master's degree in economics from the University of Buffalo in New York and a master's degree in statistics from the University of Chicago. He received a bachelor's degree from the Seoul National University in South Korea.
- ACG 2021 - Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACG 3103 - Intermediate I
- Kim, J., J.C. Park and T. Komarek (2021). The impact of Mobile ICT on national productivity in developed and developing countries. Information & Management 58(2): 103442.
- Brisker, E., J.C. Park and H. Song. (2021). Managers’ equity incentives and asymmetric cost behavior. Journal of Management Accounting Research, Forthcoming
- Chowdhury, R., J. Doukas, and J.C. Park. (2021). Stakeholder orientation and the value of cash holdings: Evidence from a natural experiment. Journal of Corporate Finance, 69(1): 102029.
- Kim, J., J. Lee and J.C. Park. (2019). Internal control weakness and the asymmetrical behavior of selling, general, and administrative costs. Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance, 37(1): 259-292.
- Cai, Y., Y. Kim, J.C. Park and H. White. (2016). Common Auditors in M&A Transactions. Journal of Accounting and Economics, 61(1): 77-99.
- Member, American Accounting Association. 2001-present
- Reviewer/referee, several highly regarded research journals