Room: BSN 2401G
James R. Stock, co-director of the Monica Wooden Center for Supply Chain Management & Sustainability at the Muma College of Business, is a USF Distinguished University Professor and Monica Wooden Endowed Professor of Supply Chain Management. A professor in the School of Marketing and Innovation, Stock was elected an AAAS Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science in 2017 and was also the Fulbright-Hanken Distinguished Chair of Business & Economics at the Hanken School of Economics in Helsinki, Finland, on a flex Fulbright Award in 2016 and 2017.
He has been an invited speaker on programs in more than 45 countries and is the author or co-author of more than 150 publications including books, monographs and articles. Stock has co-authored several textbooks on supply chain management, logistics management and reverse logistics. He received the CSCMP Distinguished Service Award in 2011, the Armitage Medal (1988) and the Eccles Medal (2003) from SOLE—The International Society of Logistics. He also is the recipient of lifetime achievement awards from the Reverse Logistics Association (2016) and Yasar University/IX International Logistics and Supply Chain Congress in Turkey (2011). His research interests include reverse logistics/product returns, supply chain sustainability and customer satisfaction. His background includes holding faculty positions at the University of Notre Dame, the University of Oklahoma, the Air Force Institute of Technology and Michigan State University.
He earned a PhD from The Ohio State University, and an MBA and a bachelor's degree from the University of Miami.
- MAR 6216 - Logistics and Physical Distribution
- MAR 6816 - Marketing Strategy
- MAR 6936 - Supply Chain Management
- MAR 7787 - Marketing Theory and Thought
- Stock, James, Diane Edmondson, Jennifer Espinosa, Robert Riggle and Terry Sincich,
(2016) “RFID Technology: A Retrospective Look at Firm Adoption with a View Towards
International Journal of Value Chain Management, Vol. 7, No. 4 pp. 317-351.
- Wang, Zhangqiong, James Stock and Shuncai Li, (2015), “Supply Chain Management Sustainability Practices in Chinese Service Firms: A Content Analysis of CSR Reports,” Journal of Academy of Business and Economics, Vol. 15, Issue 4, pp. 71-76.
- Harmon-Kizer, Tracy R., Anand Kumar, David Ortinau and James Stock, (2013), “When
Multiple Identities Compete: The Role of Centrality in Self-Brand Connections,” Journal of
Consumer Behaviour, Vol. 12, Issue 6, pp. 483–495.
- Nakhata, Chinintorn, James R. Stock and Tania B. Texiera, (2013), “Doctoral Dissertations in Logistics and Supply Chain-Related Areas: 2005-2009,” Logistics Research, Vol. 6, Issue 4, pp. 119-131.
- Grant, David B., Douglas M. Lambert, James R. Stock, and Lisa M. Ellram, (2006), Fundamentals of Logistics Management, European Edition (textbook) Berkshire, UK: McGraw-Hill, 436 pages.
- Former editor, Journal of Business Logistics (the top academic journal in logistics and supply chain management)
- Former editor, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management as well as Logistics Spectrum
- Member, editorial review boards of nine international journals in the areas of logistics, operations management and supply chain management