Ninon Sutton joined the Muma College of Business in 1998 and is a Bank of America Professor in the Kate Tiedemann School of Business and Finance. She teaches courses in advanced corporate finance, working capital management, principles of finance and the financial markets seminar.
Sutton's research interests are corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and market efficiency. Her work has been published in several journals including the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, the Journal of Financial Research, the Journal of Empirical Finance, the Journal of Business, and Financial Management, among others. She has been recognized for excellence in teaching, receiving the President's Award for Faculty Excellence in 2003 and the Presidential Young Faculty Award in 2002. She also won the Research and Creative Scholarship Award twice, in 2000 and 2002.
Sutton earned a PhD from Florida State University, an MBA from Texas A&M University and a bachelor's degree from Mississippi State University. Before coming to USF, she was an instructor at Florida State.
- FIN 4414 - Advanced Corporate Finance
- FIN 7808 - Advanced Micro Finance
- “Is the Grass on the Other Side Greener? Testing the Cross-border Effect for U.S.
with Yun Meng, forthcoming, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
- “From Setback to Comeback: Motivations for Withdrawn IPO Firms to Return,” with Gaole
Chen and Jianping Qi, forthcoming, The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance.
- "All in the Family: The Effect of Family Ownership on Acquisition Performance," with
Adhikari, (2016), Journal of Economics and Business, Vol. 88, pp. 65-78.
- “Worth Waiting For – Evidence of Late-Mover Benefits in Cross-Border Mergers and
Acquisitions,” with Tanja Steigner, (2015), Quarterly Journal of Finance and Accounting, Vol. 53, pp. 113-146.
- "The Value of Target Strategic Alliances in Mergers and Acquisitions," with Jianping
Qiancheng Zheng, (2015), Financial Management, Vol. 44, pp. 387-430.
- Member, numerous dissertation committees
- Participant, Finance Doctoral Program.
- Member, Financial Management Association
- Member, Southern Finance Association
- Member, Eastern Finance Association.