Tang Wang is an associate professor in the USF Nault Center for Entrepreneurship. He teaches graduate-level courses in business plan development in the School of Marketing and Innovation.
His research focuses on technology entrepreneurship and innovation management, including product development, new venture creation, academic entrepreneurship, and top management team. His work examines high-tech industries such as computer, software, biotechnology, defense, fintech, and crowdfunding. His research appears in journals such as the Journal of Business Venturing, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Journal of Management, Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal and Strategic Management Journal. He has presented his research at numerous international conferences and won several best paper awards.
Tang Wang earned a PhD in entrepreneurship from University of Missouri-Kansas City, a master's degree in pattern recognition and artificial system from University of Science and Technology of China and a bachelor’s degree in automation from Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
- ENT 6116 Business Plan Development
- Stevenson, R., Allen, J., & Wang, T. 2023. Failing forward: Unsuccessful crowdfunding campaigns can strengthen your venture. Entrepreneurship & Innovation Exchange. https://eiexchange.com/content/failing-forward-unsuccessful-crowdfunding-campaigns-can-strength
- Allen, J., Stevenson, R., & Wang, T. 2022. Failed but validated? The effect of market validation on persistence and commercial performance after a crowdfunding Failure. Journal of Business Venturing, 37(2): 106-175.
- Jiao, H., Wang, T, & Yang, J. 2022. Team structure and invention impact under high knowledge diversity: An empirical examination of computer workstation industry. Technovation, 114: 102449.
- Canavati, S., Libaers, D., Wang, T., Sarooghi, H., & Hooshangi, S. 2021. Relationship between human capital, new venture ideas, and opportunity beliefs: A meta-analysis. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 15(3): 454-477.
- Lee, J., Saunders, C., Panteli, N., & Wang, T. 2021. Managing information sharing: Interorganizational communication in collaboration with competitors. Information and Organization, 31(2): 1-25.
- Jiao, H., Wang, T, & Alon, I. 2021. Financial wealth, socioemotional wealth, and founder exit: An empirical examination of Chinese IPOs. Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, 33(3-4): 208-226.
- Allen, J., Stevenson, R., & Wang, T. 2021. Creative and resourceful: How human, social, and psychological resources affect creative workers’ ability to rebound after failure. Small Business Economics, 57: 705-719.
- Kiss, A., Libaers, D., Barr, P., Wang, T., & Miles, Z. 2020. CEO cognitive flexibility, information search, and organizational ambidexterity. Strategic Management Journal, 41(12): 2200-2233.
- Wang, T., Aggarwal, V., & Wu, B. 2020. Capability interactions and adaption to demand-side change. Strategic Management Journal, 41(9): 1595-1627.
- Faculty Search Committee Chair, USF
- Editorial review board, Journal of Business Venturing
- Editorial review board, New England Journal of Entrepreneurship
- Ad hoc reviewer, Strategic Management Journal, Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Research Policy, Journal of Management
- Dissertation committee member for David Skandera (First placement: Virginia Commonwealth University)
- Dissertation committee member for Jared Allen (First placement: Texas Tech University)
- Orlando INNO under 25, Orlando Business Journal