Institute for Data Analytics and Visualization
The mission for the Institute for Data Analytics and Visualization in the Muma College of Business at the University of South Florida is to serve the communities of St Petersburg and Pinellas County through consulting services in the areas of data analytics and data visualization.
The center does so by:
- conducting applied research,
- addressing business challenges, and
- developing customized professional development courses.
Projects conducted by the institute are supervised by faculty members and, where possible, involve students, thereby giving students valuable hands-on experience in data analytics and data visualization and thus training the next generation of applied data scientists.
Areas of Expertise
Faculty members have expertise in:
- Database design and development
- Data warehousing
- Data scraping/extraction, transformation, loading
- Data visualization
- Predictive analytics
- Cloud architectures for data storage and analysis