Online Master of Business Administration
The MBA with a concentration in Cybersecurity is an online concentration that prepares graduates for a career in information security management and business continuity. This concentration is fairly technical, given the nature of cybersecurity. The capstone course focuses on integrating concepts through project work and applied cases.
Concentration Requirements – 12 credit hours
In addition to 14 required hours of MBA coursework, students complete:
- ISM 6328 Basics of Information Security and Risk Management (3 Credit Hours)
- ISM 6577 Decision Processes for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (3 Credit Hours)
One of the following two courses
- ISM 6225 Distributed Information Systems (3 Credit Hours)
- EEL 6787 Data Networks, Systems, and Security (3 Credit Hours)
Plus at least one elective from the following list:
- ISM 6217 Database Administration (3 Credit Hours)
- BUL 5842 Risk Management and Legal Compliance (3 Credit Hours)
- CIS 4364 Cryptology and Information Security (3)
The last elective can be taken with the approval of the MBA academic advisor. Cybersecurity concentration requires the completion of the capstone course:
- GEB 6898 MBA Capstone for Analytics, Compliance & Cybersecurity (3 Credit Hours)
Students also have the option to earn a Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance. In order to earn this certificate, students should apply to the certificate by going to www.gradcerts.usf.edu.