Spotlight - Gabriel Patil
The Business Honors Program likes to recognize our exemplary students and their extensive achievements; Gabriel Patil is a senior at USF and is a student who represents the many qualities we look for in the Business Honors Program. Not only is he a focused and prestigious scholar, but he also has been active in many extracurricular activities throughout the community and with USF.
Here are some of his accomplishments:
- Over the summer he attended a month-long mission trip and served at the Beit CURE Hospital in Lusaka, Zambia, which cures kids with treatable conditions like clubfoot and hydrocephalus.
- During fall semester he was the co-op on the Network Strategy Team at Johnson & Johnson in Skillman, NJ.
- He was selected as an Exceptional Ethical Scholarship winner for 2016.
- He was recognized as the 2016 AMA Tampa Bay Marketing Student of the Year for his fundraising work with CURE International.
- He placed third out of 98 teams in the 2017 AMA International Collegiate Conference Marketing Strategy competition.
- He participated in a case competition for AMA where his team finished as a semifinalist (top 16 out of 375).
- He completed his thesis on the characteristics of successful passenger rail transit implementation in major metropolitan areas, with a focus on Tampa Bay.
- He is currently working on a book for the NSAC Advertising Competition on Tai Pei frozen foods.