The Muma College of Business has many upper-level, limited access programs, which means that they have admission requirements in addition to those of USF in general. Students interested in pursuing a degree in the areas with limited access offered by the Muma College of Business must complete the required prerequisites.
Requirements for Admission to the Muma College of Business
- Students must satisfy the following criteria:
- Minimum of 60 credit hours of college credit earned.
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative grade point average on all college-level work and a minimum
of 2.0 on all credit attempted at USF, including any prior to renewal.
NOTE: Effective starting Fall 2017, students transferring to USF with 60 or more transferrable credits, and all state mandated prerequisites successfully completed, must have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA. Students transferring to USF who have not successfully completed all state mandated prerequisites, must have an overall 2.75 GPA.
- Completion of the following State Mandated Common Prerequisites (or equivalents) with
a grade of C- or higher in each course and an overall 2.0 GPA:
- * ACGX021/ACG X022 Financial Accounting (or ACG X001 & ACG X011)
- * ACGX071 Managerial Accounting (or X301)
- CGSX100 Computers in Business (or acceptable substitute such as CGS X100C, CGS X530, CGS X570, CGS X531, CGSX0000, MAN X812)
- ECOX013 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECOX023 Principles of Microeconomics
- MACX233 Elementary Calculus or MAC 2230
- STAX023 Introductory Statistics or QMB X100(or STAX122 although STA X023 and QMB X100
* accounting majors must earn a C (not C-) in ACG 2021 & 2071
Note: All students entering USF for the first time in Fall 2017 or later, who subsequently earn three (3) D and/or F grades in any or any combination of the State Mandated Common Pre-requisites (or equivalents) listed above at USF will be required to change their major to a major more appropriate to their goals and academic performance and to a major not conferred by the Muma College of Business.
- In computing entry grade point average all business and economics courses taken for S or U grades will be converted to C or F, respectively.
- Students working toward meeting the limited access criteria will be permitted to enroll in all foundation courses in Business (except GEB 4890) provided they have completed 60 credit hours, a minimum of 2.4 overall GPA, and have met course prerequisites.
- A minimum score of 550 on paper and pencil or 213 on computerized TOEFL is required, when applicable.
- Students must be admitted to the Muma College of Business at least one term before their anticipated graduation date.