Chisolm, Theresa, Ph.D., CCC-A
Vice Provost, Professor
Office: PCD 4014
Dr. Chisolm’s clinical specialty is audiological rehabilitation in children and adults. Her recent research focuses on issues related to treatment efficacy, including hearing aid intervention and post-hearing aid fitting intervention strategies. She is also known for her work in evidence-based practice as it relates to audiology intervention.
|Ph.D.||The Graduate School of the City University of New York||1987|
|M.A.||Monclair State College||1980|
|B.A.||Herbert H. Lehman College of the City University of New York||1978|
SPA 4930 | Introduction to Aural Rehabilitation (graduate)
SPA 6805 | Research Methods
SPA 4321 | Introduction to Aural Rehabilitation (undergraduate)
Recent Scholarly Activity
- Wilson, R.H., McArdle, R., Betancourt, M., Herring, K., Shipman, T., & Chisolm, T. (in press). Word-recognition performance in interrupted noise (5, 10, and 20 ips) by young listeners with normal hearing and older listeners with hearing loss. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology.
- Donaldson, G.S., Chisolm, T.H., Blasco, G.P., Shinnick, L.J., Ketter, K.J. & Krause, J.C. (2009). BKB-SIN and ANL Predict Perceived Communication Ability in Cochlear Implant Users. Ear & Hearing, 30, 401-410.
- Roberts, R.A., Abrams, H., Sembach, M.K., Lister, J.J., Gans, R.E., & Chisolm, T.H. (2009). Utility measures of health related quality of life in patients treated for benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. Ear & Hearing. 30, 369-376.
- Chisolm, T.H., Noe, C.M., McArdle, R. & Abrams, H. (2007). Evidence for the use of hearing assistive technology: The role of the FM system. Trends in Amplification, 11, 73-89.
- Chisolm, T.H., Johnson, C.E., Danhauer, J.L., Portz, L.J.P, Abrams, H.B., Lesner, S., McCarthy, P.A. & Newman, C.W. (2007). A systematic review of health-related quality of life and hearing aids: Final report of the American Academy of Audiology taskforce on the health-related quality of life benefits in adults. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 18, 151-183.
- Roberts, R., Gans, R., Johnson, E. & Hnath-Chisolm, T. (2006). Computerized dynamic visual acuity with volitional head movement in patients with vestibular function. Annals of Otology, Rhinology, & Laryngology, 115, 658-666.