Luque, Jenna Silver, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Associate Professor of Instruction
Office: SMC B308
Dr. Jenna Silver Luque, CCC-SLP is an Associate Professor of Instruction in Communication Sciences and Disorders on the Sarasota-Manatee campus. Dr. Luque has worked as a Speech-Language Pathologist for ~15 years, in schools and in her private practice - primarily working on Accent Enhancement. Her research focuses on bilingual sound organization, cross-linguistic speech perception, and improving accent enhancement methods. Recently, Dr. Luque has also began a line of SoTL research. She has been invited to speak at national conferences and has presented her work at the state and international levels as well. Dr. Luque has worked closely with the USF Sarasota-Manatee chapter of the National Student Speech, Language, and Hearing Association and helped them launch Communication For All. The chapter has earned Gold Honors each year that Dr. Luque served as advisor, and she won the Advisor of the Year Award from National NSSLHA in 2020. Dr. Luque serves as the co-chair of the Council on Faculty Issues. She is a member of ASHA’s SIG 19 Coordinating Committee 2022-2024, and she will serve as the Associate Coordinator beginning in 2023.
|Ph.D in Communication Sciences and Disorders||University of South Florida||2017|
|M.S in Learning Design and Technology||University of South Florida||2022|
|M.A in Linguistics||Northwestern University||2012|
|M.A in Communication Sciences and Disorders||University of Florida||2007|
|B.A in Communication Sciences and Disorders,||University of Florida||2005|
- SPA 3004 | Introduction to Language Development and Disorders
- SPA 3011 | Introduction to Speech Science
- SPA 3112 | Applied Phonetics in Communication Disorders
- SPA 3261 | Language Science for Communication Sciences and Disorders
- SPA 4050 | Introduction to the Clinical Process
- SPA 4250 | Introduction to Speech Disorders
Recent Scholarly Activity
- Tessel, C.A., & Luque, J.S. (2020). A comparison of phonological and articulation-based approaches to accent modification using small groups. Speech, Language and Hearing, 1-14.
- Luque, J.S. “Accent Modification.” Invited to be presented at the G. Paul Moore Symposium, Gainesville, FL, 2021.
- Luque, J.S. “Back to (virtual) school night.” Invited to be presented at the National Student Speech Language Hearing Association’s Office Hours Series, Virtual, September 2020.
- Grover, V., Kushla, K., and Luque, J. “Imagining the possibilities with Praat: A hands-on tutorial on its clinical and research applications.” Invited to be presented at the American Speech and Hearing Association Annual Convention, Orlando, FL, 2019.
- Fannin, D., Bradlow, A., Luque, J., Franklin, A., and Shah, A. “High Variable Training and Practical Aspects of Accent Modification.” Invited to be presented at the American Speech and Hearing Association Annual Convention, Los Angeles, CA, 2017.
- Luque, J.S. “In-lecture question software for online class engagement.” Presented at the Sunshine State Teaching and Learning Conference, Virtual, 2021.