Sanchez, Victoria, Au.D., Ph.D., CCC-A/F-AAA
CBCS-CSD: Courtesy Assistant Professor
MCOM-OTO: Assistant Professor - Tenure Track
Office: PCD 4014
Vicky Sanchez is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery within the Morsani College of Medicine at the University of South Florida. She also holds a Courtesy Graduate Faculty position as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders within the College of Behavioral and Community Sciences. She teaches, performs clinical services, and leads several research studies. She is a Principal Investigator in the Auditory Rehabilitation & Clinical Trials (ARCT) Laboratory and her research areas of interest are speech perception, auditory cognitive neuroscience, auditory rehabilitation, evidence-based practice, and the effects of various disorders and interventions on the auditory and vestibular systems. Vicky’s current projects include developing and evaluating novel approaches to treat acquired forms of hearing loss by taking a translational pathway from bench to bedside.
|Ph.D. (Communication Sciences and Disorders)||University of South Florida||2014|
|Au.D. (Doctor of Audiology)||University of South Florida||2011|
|B.A. (Biology, Psychology, Speech & Hearing Sciences)||University of California, Santa Barbara||2001|
- SPA 6136 | Vestibular Evaluation & Treatment
- SPA 6307 | Speech Perception & Hearing Loss
- SPA 5506 | Audiology Clinic Practicum I, II, & III
- SPA 3030 | Introduction to Hearing Science
Recent Scholarly Activity
- Sanchez, V. (In Press). Relationship between Hearing & Cognition/Dementia. Starkey Innovation Maganize. Invited Paper.
- Williams-Sanchez, V.A., McArdle, R.A., Wilson, R. H., Kidd, G., Watson, C., Bourne, A. (2014). Validation of a Screening Test of Auditory Function using the Telephone. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology.
- O'Brien, J. L., Edwards, J. D., Maxfield, N. D., Peronto, C.L., Williams, V. A., Lister, J. J. (2013). Cognitive training and selective attention in the aging brain: An electrophysiological study. Clinical Neurophysiology.
- Williams, V.A., McArdle, R. A., Chisolm, T. H. (2012). Subjective and objective outcomes of a new BICROS system. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 23:10, 789-806.
- Tun, P., Williams, V., Small, B., Hafter, E. (2012). Effects of aging on auditory and cognitive processing. American Journal of Audiology, 21, 344-350.
- Danhauer, J. L., Johnson, C. E., Newman, C. W., Williams, V.A., Van Vilet, D. (2011). An open letter to Dennis: We can do more to educate our patients about falls risk. Audiology Today, 23:5, 58-69.
- Johnson, C.E., Danhauer, J.L., Newman, C.E., Williams, V.A. (2011). Problem with baby's hearing? An intervention checklist. Journal of Family Practice, 60(2), E1-7.