How to Apply
The deadline for submission of application materials for the Au.D. program is January 15th.
Effective September 24, 2015, students holding a Baccalaureate Degree must apply through both the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) and the USF FACTS Online Graduate Application.
Applications are submitted electronically, via CSDCAS and via the USF FACTS Online Graduate Application. Both applications must be submitted. Letters of recommendation, letter of intent, resume, GRE scores and official transcripts should be submitted through CSDCAS. These items do not need to be resubmitted with the USF FACTS Online Graduate Application. An unofficial transcript is the only item that should be uploaded with the USF FACTS application.
Applicants must include the following items as part of their online CSDCAS application:
1. A letter of intent:
- The letter of intent should be 1-2 pages, double-spaced with 1 inch margins.
- Explain why you want to pursue a career in Audiology and why you want to attend USF to obtain your graduate degree.
- Show that you are familiar with our program (professors and research areas in which you are interested, unique features of the department that appeal to you, etc.)
- Tell us why you believe that you'll be successful in graduate school.
- Point out your strengths and achievements (e.g., volunteering, academic, research, or other experiences) and special skills (e.g., bilingualism, experience with children/elderly, unusual computer skills).
- Address weaknesses or possible poor grades on your transcripts.
2. Three letters of recommendation:
- These should be written by former professors who can comment on your academic achievement, intellectual ability, ability to interact with others, and likelihood to succeed in graduate school.
- If you have been out of school for several years, it is acceptable for one of the letters to be written by an employer.
- Letters of recommendation are requested through CSDCAS. Those you are requesting a letter from will receive an email, and complete an online form.
- Email requests for recommendation letters will not be sent until the application is submitted (after paying the registration fee).
3. An official copy of your transcript and GRE scores:
- Official transcripts and GRE scores should be sent to CSDCAS (Institutional Code- 7009) following the instructions on the CSDCAS portal.
- Official transcripts for all coursework including your Baccalaureate Degree will need to be mailed to USF only if admitted.
- If admitted, official transcripts should be submitted to the USF Graduate Admissions Office. The USF Graduate Admissions office cannot receive electronic transcripts.
Office of Graduate Admissions
University of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Ave., SVC1036
Tampa, FL 33620
4. A resume that summarizes your academic and work history (optional).
**** IMPORTANT ****
Before submitting both online applications, please review our Admission Criteria to determine if you meet or exceed our minimum qualifications. Please note while applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or above for the last 60 hours of coursework completed, admission to our program is competitive, and most students admitted to the program have a GPA of 3.5 or higher and GRE scores above the 50th percentile.
Please submit any questions regarding the admissions process to the Audiology Admissions Committee at email@example.com