The NetID is your user id at the University. Students, faculty, and staff are automatically eligible to obtain a NetID. With its associated password, the NetID allows you access to a variety of online services offered at the entire University system, such as:
- MyUSF (Blackboard) online courseware
- Student email accounts with Google Apps for Education
- Computer labs are available at multiple locations around campus.
- USF Library online services, like journals
- Secure wireless services (USF GOLD - www.it.usf.edu/itc/wireless/goldfaq )
- USF Computer Store purchasing and special discounts.Free software downloads.
- Parking and Transportation Services (Tampa)
To Activate Your NetID
- Go to https://netid.usf.edu
- Click on the link which says Activate your USF NetID
- Enter your First and Last Names in the fields provided.
- Click the primary identification item you wish to use:
- USF ID# will look like U12345678.
- USF ID card number which starts with 6400. Then press the Continue button.
- USF NetID if you were provided a NetID and personal code for activation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. New users will be asked to select a secret question and provide an answer. Users who have previously activated their NetID will be prompted for the answer to their secret question.
- Create your password. Note: Passwords must contain both letters and numbers but no dictionary words and must be at least eight (8) characters long.
FOREST Username and Password
Your FOREST account will allow you to log into the computers in your faculty lab and give you access to the P Drive. This is the location of the faculty lab folders and the Public folder, which holds department information and various computer instructions. Ask your faculty advisor if you need a FOREST account because some grad students may not use computers on the FOREST domain, such as those working at Moffitt.
USF Information Technology
Library 1st Floor – LIB 117
Phone: (813) 974-1222
Toll Free: 866) 974-1222