Basic Economic Development
With the well-being and quality of life of communities at the center of their work, economic development professionals take on many roles. This includes positions in private corporations such as real estate firms, urban development businesses, workforce agencies, government, public-private partnerships, and nonprofit organizations. No matter what your career focus, USF’s Basic Economic Development Course can prepare you for whichever role you choose. Gain the business skills to facilitate sustainable growth, expand jobs, enhance community prosperity, and provide for a better living and working experience.
USF's Basic Economic Development Course is accredited by the International Economic Development Council and the American Planning Association. You’ll earn the tools you need to gain a competitive edge and excel in a variety of roles in the economic development profession. The Basic Economic Development Course has been offered by USF for 47 years and it is now hosted by USF Corporate Training and Professional Education.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL?
- Economic development professionals
- Public officials or staff engaged in economic development
- Members of local development organizations
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
As a participant, you will explore foundational elements of economic development in a short burst of immersive learning, expanding your knowledge of best practices related to a wide array of topics:
- Business retention and expansion
- Strategic planning
- Economic development finance
- Small business and entrepreneurship development
- Community/neighborhood development
- Real estate development and reuse
- Workforce development
- Managing economic development organizations
WHY CHOOSE USF?
- Join a program with a 47-year history of preparing professionals for their roles in economic development.
- Earn a credential backed by a major research university.
- Qualify to sit for the Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) examination, the most prestigious designation in the field.
- Gain a credential that is accredited by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) and the American Planning Association (APA) Florida Chapter Sun Coast.
This three-day program is accredited by the International Economic Development Council and must contain the required number of instructional hours for the organization’s standards. All modules must be completed to earn a certificate.
- In Person
- $895 per person
Ready to explore the topics that will expand your knowledge of economic development? Register for the course today or contact an advisor for more information.