USF Coding Bootcamp
Launch your career in software development with USF’s Coding Bootcamp, powered by Revature! Gain the coding skills needed to become a full stack software developer.
This 10-week, instructor-led online program is designed to prepare you for success as an entry-level software developer that can pave the way for employment with Fortune 500 companies and other employers.
When you successfully complete the program, you will hold a Digital Badge from USF’s Office of Corporate Training and Professional Education and be equipped to sit for the Oracle Certified Junior Associate certification exam.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The program is intended for participants with varying levels of experience in web design — from applicants with no coding experience to those with backgrounds in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) language and RDBMS. No coding experience required.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Participants in the Coding Bootcamp will learn to:
- Demonstrate technical expertise in working with IT technologies
- Understand software requirements in an Agile environment
- Define and interpret user stories listed in a product/sprint backlog while leveraging the Agile development methodology
- Adhere to coding best practices
- Test their own code
- Work on developing applications in a team-based environment
- Conduct technical presentations
- Keep up to date with current technology trends
WHAT YOU WILL EARN
- Certificate of completion from USF Corporate Training and Professional Education
- USF Coding Bootcamp digital badge to showcase your expertise and skill set on social media profiles, including LinkedIn
WHY CHOOSE USF’S CODING BOOTCAMP?
- Study in a convenient, live online format that provides the dynamic engagement of an instructor-led program in a convenient, fully online environment.
- Gain hands-on experience working with projects in an Agile environment.
- Graduate with the in-demand skills necessary to become a full stack software developer.
- Prepare to sit for the Oracle Certified Junior Associate certification exam.
- Stand apart from colleagues by earning a credential from a Preeminent research university at an affordable cost.
- Showcase your knowledge and skill set with a coveted USF digital badge for your social media profiles, including LinkedIn.
- Convenient live online format. No trips to campus. This program is designed to fit the lives of busy working professionals or students.
- According to Course Report, the average coding bootcamp costs ~$13,500 and is ~14 weeks long, and coding bootcamp graduates report an average starting salary of $67,000.
- At just $4,995, USF's Coding Bootcamp is significantly more cost-effective than the average coding bootcamp. Plus, you can complete the program in just 10 weeks, so you can quickly launch your career in software development.
CTPE Programs are non-academic, not-for-credit programs; therefore federal and state financial aid do not apply.
For all participants seeking financial assistance, USF Federal Credit Union offers a personal line of credit up to $5,000 to be used for educational purposes. Reach out to a loan officer at 813-569-2000 or toll-free (800) 763-2005 for more information. When you are ready to apply please fill out the brief USF Coding Bootcamp application (assessment) form and reach to CE-Inquiries@usf.edu for a documentation request. Once you have your documentation apply online through the USF Federal Credit Union portal.
- Program start date: January 19, 2021
- Application deadline: January 12, 2021
Applying for USF’s Coding Bootcamp is quick and easy
- Simply fill out the brief USF Coding Bootcamp application form. No coding experience required.
- We will send you a 20- to 25-question aptitude test that can be completed in just 30 minutes. This assessment helps us make sure the program is a good fit for you!
Ready to master the skills needed for advancement in this high-demand field? Fill out the simple application form below to get started!