Cybersecurity for K-12 Teachers
Do you want to help your students safely navigate the digital world? Do you want to protect your own data from malware? Our foundational course is designed to help teachers better understand cybersecurity concepts that impact K-12 education.
New technologies have changed the landscape of learning for students all over the world. With powerful education tools comes the responsibility to ensure students are equipped to safely learn in ever-changing online environments. Teachers must inform their students about the advantages and risks of the digital world — all while securing their own data as well as their students’. As cyberattacks increasingly target K-12 school systems, teachers who understand how to protect data can become invaluable assets to their institutions.
Designed with teachers in mind, this cybersecurity course purposefully connects cyber hygiene with K-12 education, equipping educators with the tools to protect themselves and their students.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL
- K-12 educators
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Each of the five modules contains interactive content, videos and quizzes to ensure participants complete the course with a firm understanding of cybersecurity concepts. While the content itself can be completed within three to five hours, participants are given a period of 30 days to finish the course.
By enrolling in this course, you will:
- Better understand how to keep yourself and your students safe online.
- Learn to create stronger passwords to secure your information.
- Be able to identify and protect yourself from social engineering tactics.
- Become proficient in identifying and avoiding malware.
- Be able to implement cyber hygiene in your teaching immediately.
WHAT YOU WILL EARN
Upon completion, a digital badge is awarded to enhance resumes and professional social media profiles.
WHY CHOOSE USF’S CYBERSECURITY FOR K-12 TEACHERS?
- Earn a credential backed by a major research university.
- Register on an open-enrollment basis — no application required.
- Learn at your own pace in a convenient online format.
- Gain a foundational understanding of cybersecurity concepts for K-12 education.
- Online course