Legal and Paralegal
With USF’s Paralegal Certificate program, you can start (or advance) a rewarding, lucrative career in the legal field — and do it fast.
Designed for paralegals by paralegals, attorneys and judges across the country, our hands-on program focuses on the real-world skill sets in demand by law firms, legal divisions, attorneys, corporations and government agencies.
Learn why this program is ideal for you from Richard B. Herman, Esq., one of the leading defense attorneys in the United States and a CNN contributor.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This innovative program teaches the knowledge and skills used daily by paralegals and most desired in the workplace. You will learn legal processes, court structure, interviewing, investigation, document preparation, file maintenance, correspondence, research, writing and analysis, as well as substantive topics of law, such as torts, contracts and civil procedure – all taught by an esteemed faculty of judges.
Students will be trained in online legal research with individual subscriptions to Lexis and Westlaw. Additional resources include customized texts and dynamic interactive online support tools such as practice exercise questions, lecture notes, quizzes, writing labs, mock exams and more.
Why Choose USF’s Paralegal Certificate?
- Complete the online program at your own pace, or join the instructor-led, hybrid (in-person and live online) program at the USF's Tampa campus.
- Learn from a distinguished faculty of sitting judges.
- Earn a sought-after credential backed by a major research university.
- Showcase your skills and stand apart from colleagues and competitors with a USF digital badge for your social media profiles, including LinkedIn.
- Register on an open-enrollment basis — no application required.
Discover why Kristen Marie Bubis chose to earn the USF Paralegal Certificate, the skills she gained and how it’s helped her advance in her career.
- There are two convenient formats to choose from: go-at-you-own-pace online format. No trips to campus. This program is designed to fit the lives of busy working professionals. Every participant is assigned their own judge mentor/facilitator. Best for participants that are disciplined, focused, or live outside of the Tampa Bay area. As long as participants have an internet connection, this program can be completed anywhere in the world.
- Instructor-led program, offered in a hybrid format that includes on-campus and live online sessions. Classes will meet 2 nights a week, for approximately 13 weeks. In person and live online instruction from judges. Great option for participants that prefer a more structured environment and/or reside in the Tampa Bay area.
Whichever format you decide is best for you, be assured that you will develop the same skills and knowledge. The certificate you receive makes no distinction between the instructor-led and online program. Those who successfully complete the program will be awarded a Paralegal Certificate from Innovative Education at the University of South Florida.
- $4,995 (Regular price: $6,995)
USF's Corporate Training and Professional Education Programs are non-academic, not-for-credit programs; therefore federal and state financial aid do not apply.
For all participants seeking financial assistance, USF Federal Credit Union offers a personal line of credit up to $5,000 to be used for educational purposes. Reach out to a loan officer at 813-569-2000 or toll-free (800) 763-2005 for more information. When you are ready to apply please reach to CE-Inquiries@usf.edu for a documentation request and then apply online through the USF Federal Credit Union portal.
Register for the program today, or receive more information and speak to an advisor!
Or join us in one of our upcoming webinars and learn about this nationally acclaimed Paralegal Certificate Program that focuses on real world skills most in demand by law firms.