Cyber and Tech
Every industry faces growing cybersecurity threats. Security breaches, due to employee errors, cost businesses an estimated $800,000,000 per year. Cyberattacks are not limited to large corporations: 43 percent target small businesses, but the majority of these companies do not know how to protect their information. Companies, both small and large, must address cybersecurity threats endangering their data.
The first line of defense against these threats is educating leadership and employees on key cybersecurity strategies. This course pinpoints the essential cybersecurity concepts needed to protect businesses and their employees.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL
This course is designed for small and large businesses alike. It equips company leaders, managers, and employees with the cybersecurity knowledge and tools essential for anyone securing information or conducting business online.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Each of the five modules contains interactive content, videos and quizzes to ensure participants complete the course with a firm understanding of cybersecurity concepts. While the content itself can be completed within three to five hours, participants are given a period of 30 days to finish the course.
By enrolling in this course, you will:
- Better understand how to keep yourself and your business safe when online.
- Learn to create stronger passwords to secure your information.
- Be able to identify and protect yourself from social engineering tactics used to exploit businesses.
- Become proficient in identifying and avoiding malware.
- Be able to implement essential cybersecurity practices in your workplace immediately.
WHAT YOU WILL EARN
Upon completion, a digital badge is awarded to enhance resumes and professional social media profiles.
WHY CHOOSE USF’S CYBERSECURITY ESSENTIALS?
- Earn a credential backed by a major research university
- Register on an open-enrollment basis — no application required
- Learn at your own pace in a convenient online format
- Online course