Taught by experienced instructors, our preparatory program is designed to help you do your best on the GRE and improve your chances of gaining admission to graduate school.
The GRE Test Prep course will give you the skills and confidence you need to maximize your performance. Sharpen your skills on actual GRE exam questions and follow our proven study plan on your way to success.
What You Will Learn
This comprehensive GRE prep class covers each of the three main sections of the GRE revised General Test - Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning. This program will prepare you for all of the question types you are likely to encounter on the GRE.
24 hours of classroom-based instruction or live-online
Classroom based classes are conveniently held on the USF Tampa campus. Live-Online classes provide alternative schedules and the added benefit of taking the class from anywhere in the world.
Cost of Attendance
Classroom or Live Online Instruction: $869 course fee. Textbook and materials included.
Effective Monday, July 2, 2018 new registrations for on-campus courses include a parking permit in the cost of attendance. Please review your registration receipt for additional information.
USF Alumni, USF Faculty & Staff, USF Faculty & Staff Family Members, USF Students and Veterans are eligible to receive 10 percent discount on CTPE courses. How to Receive the Discount.
View upcoming scheduled sessions.
Who Should Attend?
The GRE Test Prep course is ideal for those seeking an advanced degree in a wide range of fields within the next five years. This course is designed for those looking to return to school, recent graduates, and current undergraduate students seeking assistance with the complex quantitative and verbal skills needed to succeed on the GRE. Fields of study that typically require or accept the GRE include: Education, medicine, social work, public administration, and business.
What to Expect
The GRE is a computer-based exam that can be taken any time the test taker is able to schedule the GRE Exam with the local testing center. Visit USF Testing Services for additional exam and registration information.
Quantitative Test topics include:
- Picking numbers, both for quantitative comparison and for multiple choice problems
- Tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- Tips for turning geometry diagrams into solvable equations
Verbal Test topics include:
- Solving problems when you don't know the vocabulary
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- Using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
General Topics Include:
- Solving "Multiple Right Answer" questions
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distractors
- Additionally, strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined, and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed.
For more Information