Doctor of Philosophy
Offered on USF's Tampa campus
The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in English Education program is challenging and rigorous, but it will provide a whole new view of the profession.
The goals of the program are to prepare English education professionals who:
- Conduct sound research on important issues in English education and disseminate the results of that research in appropriate ways.
- Advocate best practices in English teaching and English teacher education.
- Engage in responsible innovation.
- Contribute to standards-based school reform and improvement.
- Exhibit professional and ethical standards appropriate to their role as leaders in the field.
- Support the preparation of effective, committed and ethical professionals in English education.
Our graduates are prepared to serve as professors in colleges and universities as well as research authors, policy leaders and curriculum specialists.