Offered on USF's Tampa campus
PhD in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in Interdisciplinary Education
The PhD concentration in Interdisciplinary Education provides a framework to support innovative, cutting-edge inquiry among students and faculty across campus. This program is designed to foster research that approaches dilemmas in education from interdisciplinary perspectives. It allows students who have academic backgrounds and interests that span across multiple disciplines to construct an individualized program of study grounded in at least two disciplines/fields, one of which may be outside of USF's College of Education.
The Interdisciplinary Education program aims to attract students from diverse populations and geographic regions, preparing them to attain their personal, professional, and scholarly goals and to compete in a rapidly changing workforce. The program seeks to provide a curriculum and an intellectual climate grounded in strengthening the relevance of the university to the communities it serves locally, nationally, and globally.
Why choose Interdisciplinary Education program at USF College of Education?
- Provides opportunities to integrate course work and research among at least two disciplines/fields to address questions in broad areas of education
- Study under faculty from multiple fields both in and outside the college of education
- Flexibility to pursue a degree either part time of full time
- Strong mentorship with award winning faculty
Our graduates are employed as:
- Faculty in higher education
- Leadership roles in school districts and other educational and professional settings
- Non-for-Profit and community agencies
- Consultancy work in local, national, and international settings
For questions or more information, please contact us.