Educational Specialist in Reading/Language Arts (Hybrid)
The Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in Reading/Language Arts is a program focused on the advanced study of literacy processes within a digital and global society. The program includes mentored research experiences to enable students to pursue leadership roles as literacy coaches, curriculum specialists, teacher leaders, literacy supervisors, and literacy educators in a variety of school and out-of-school settings. The program also prepares students for positions in other fields in which literacy expertise is preferred such as speech pathology, nursing, medicine, social work, library science, youth programming, and mass communications.
Features of the Program
- Specialized literacy focus based on the student’s personal interests.
- Concentrated coursework in program evaluation.
- Global Perspectives broadened through partnerships in diverse communities that embrace multiple perspectives and literacy practices.
- Technology as a tool for exploring literacy in a digitally-mediated society.
- Discipline-specific explorations of literacy in school and out of school settings.
- Student Success as a shared responsibility and mutual goal of the student, faculty, and program.