Master of Education
To be accepted into the program, students must provide the following application materials to demonstrate completion of the program's admissions requirements:
- Transcripts that reflect completion of a specialized undergraduate degree within the subject-specific discipline (math related) from a regionally accredited university or the equivalent bachelors degree from a foreign institution. An earned “B” (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) average or better in all work attempted while registered as an upper division student (usually last two years of coursework) working for a baccalaureate degree.
- GRE scores (taken within the past 5 years) of 156 and 150 or higher on the quantitative and verbal sections, respectively.
- Statement of purpose that outlines educational or professional experience related to mathematics and mathematics teaching.
- Two letters of recommendation
Applicants from countries where English is not the official language must also demonstrate proficiency in English* in one of the following ways:
- By providing a score of 79 or higher on the Internet based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT)
- By providing a score of 6.5 or higher on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- By providing a score of 53 or higher on the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE‐A)
- By Earning a score of 153 (or equivalent) on the GRE‐Verbal exam
- By earning a baccalaureate or higher degree at a regionally accredited institution in the US
Applicants who earn a baccalaureate or equivalent degree at a foreign institution where English is the language of instruction (for the institution and not just the program) may meet this requirement. However, other related factors (including test scores) will also be considered. Medium of Instruction must be documented on the transcript or on an official Certificate of Medium of Instruction from the Institution .