USF Business Plan Competition
about this year's competition:
The USF Business Plan Competition is back!
On May 8, 2023, students will be chosen based on the commercial viability of their business plans to pitch their ideas with the chance to win $1,000 in cash rewards. Students are encouraged to bring their most promising innovations that will transform the Tampa Bay Business Community.
This year’s competition is sponsored by Ken Hamner, attorney, business leader, and instructor at the Nault Center for Entrepreneurship. Ken's mission is to give students the entrepreneurial tools necessary to excel in the global marketplace.
Students from all degrees and business ideas are welcome.
The competition will be held on May 8 from 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. at the Kate Tiedemann School of Business and Finance.
All students must submit their business plans and pitch decks by May 2!
- The Eleven Slides You'll Need To Have In Yout Pitch Deck.
- How To Write A Business Plan Step By Step.
- How To Effectively Pitch A Business Idea.
- Sample Pitch Presentation.
2023 Hamner Winners
- 1st Place: Nathaniel Willis: Righteous Hemp
- 2nd Place: Cedar Molano: RX Mind
- 3rd Place: Julia Fusia: Glow Guard
- Dream Scape- Taylor Morris, Xilong Jing, Biwei Jin, Brad Williams
- DS Academy- Alysson Silveira, Julian Heredia
- The Space- Julia Wingle, Robert Dennard III
- Touriffic- Robert Huggett, Qilin Li, Jesualdo Perez, Javier Ramirez
- No Flood Florida- Ahmed Hamed, Taylor Lankford, Chris Needham
- Vortex- Sonya Khan,Allison Timo, Thornthun Noppakaorattanamanee, Chang Yang
- EdukMais- Eduardo Mourra, Luiza Marques
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNING TEAM:
ABOUT THE usf business plan competition
- Each year 5-10 USF students teams will be invited to pitch their innovations
- The pitch competition offers a unique opportunity to showcase ones business plan and present a 10 minute pitch before a panel of professionals (PowerPoint presentations might be used as visual aid).
- Awards will be provided to the winner of the competition
- To inspire USF students to start new businesses
- To teach valuable business skills
- To promote entrepreneurship across Florida
- To help students achieve success in the classroom and after they graduate
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.