Frank and Ellen Daveler Entrepreneurship Program
information about the 2019 program
- Undergraduate rising juniors and rising seniors (60 credit hours and above) may apply.
- Open only to college and university students in Florida.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Applicants are required to submit an application and attach the required documents, additional information might be requested
Deadline to submit applications is March 24.
Teams are welcome to come and support their colleagues. However, this is an individual competition and therefore the pitch will be done by the individual selected during the selection process.
This program is administered by the University of South Florida's Center for Entrepreneurship, and it will take place at the Muma College of Business on April 6.
the frank and ellen daveler entrepreneurship program
The Frank and Ellen Daveler Entrepreneurship Program offers undergraduate students from across Florida a unique opportunity to increase their knowledge of business operations and gain insight into the entrepreneurial process in venture creation, venture growth, and venture harvesting.
- 20 Florida undergraduate students will be selected as fellows. They will be invited to the USF campus to pitch their innovations on April 6 to receive $3,000.
- The innovation competition offers a unique opportunity to showcase ones entrepreneurial ideas and present a 3 to 5 minute pitch before a panel of professionals (PowerPoint presentations might be used as visual aid).
- Of the 20 fellows, five scholars will be chosen to receive an additional $5,000. In order to compete for the additional $5,000, students must submit a two minute video explaining how they will use the funding.
- The videos provided will help the judges in getting more acquainted with the applicants and determining the potential impact of their innovations.
- To inspire students to start new businesses
- To teach valuable business skills
- To network with successful entrepreneurial leaders
- To provide experienced mentors
- To share essential information about students' chosen fields
- To help students achieve success in the classroom and after they graduate
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.