Frank and Ellen Daveler Entrepreneurship Program
We are pleased to announce the selection of the 2018 Daveler Scholars. These young scholar entrepreneurs were selected from among 800,000 students enrolled in colleges and universities across the State of Florida. Seventy finalists were selected from 17 different institutions with 20 Daveler Scholars being selected to compete on April 14, 2018, to become Daveler Fellows.
The Frank and Ellen Daveler Entrepreneurship Program hosted at the University of South Florida's Center for Entrepreneurship offers undergraduate students from across Florida a unique opportunity to increase their knowledge of business operations and gain insight into the entrepreneurial process in venture creation, venture growth, and venture harvesting. Program participants will pursue an undergraduate field of study of the student's choosing and engage in experiential learning opportunities under the direction of experienced business mentors.
- To inspire students in starting new businesses
- To teach valuable business skills
- To network with successful entrepreneurial leaders
- To provide experienced mentors
- To share essential information about students' chosen fields
- To help students achieve success in the classroom and after they graduate
Students interested in the program are invited to participate in a business pitch competition.
Daveler Pitch Competition
The pitch competition offers a unique opportunity to showcase ones entrepreneurial ideas and present a 5 to 8 minute PowerPoint presentation before a panel of professionals. Cash awards range from $2,000 to $5,000 for the winners. Other opportunities include participating in the Daveler mentor and internship programs. Open to undergraduates enrolled in colleges and universities in the State of Florida.
- The application period will open on December 1, 2018. Dates for 2019 competition TBD
- Undergraduate rising Juniors and rising Seniors (60 credit hours and above, and not in final semester) may apply. Open to college and university students in the State of Florida.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 to apply
- You are required to submit a questionnaire and attached required documents, additional information might be required in order to be selected as a candidate
- This program is administered through the USF Center for Entrepreneurship at the Muma College of Business, University of South Florida. For more information, please contact email@example.com.