Florida Blue Health Innovation Challenge
The Florida Blue Health Innovation Challenge seeks for innovations and disruptive technologies developed by students to tackle healthcare challenges in Florida. The concepts should address topics that Florida Blue considers to be an active and ongoing problem in the healthcare system.
All entries must be submitted by: April 15, 2022
Challenge finalists will be notified by: April 19, 2022
Pitch and award ceremony: April 29, 2022, 1-5 pm
First Place - $15,000
Second Place - $5,000
Third Place - $2,500
- Open to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Open only to enrolled college and university students of Florida.
- Applicants are required to submit an application and attach the required documents, additional information might be requested.
2022 Topics Accepted addressing the following
- The Application of Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Big Data and Analytics for the Future of Healthcare
- Reducing Social Isolation
- Alleviate Social Isolation
- Overcoming Social Determinates of Health in Seniors
- Identifying community resources that assist seniors with social isolation
- Loneliness in a pandemic or endemic environment
- Telehealth, Home Health Care, Mental Health, Gerontology
- High depression and suicidal ideation in youth and adolescents
- Healthcare staffing and labor challenges, nursing, robotics, telehealth
- End of life care
- Identifying health inequities using AI technology to address best solutions for unique populations / individuals & improve health outcomes for those that are disproportionately disconnected from care
Entrants will be required to pitch their concepts in-person to a panel of health care and business experts during the state finals at USF Health Morsani College of Medicine, Downtown Tampa, FL
(Travel and Lodging may be provided for those living more than 3-4 hours from Tampa)
First Place - Siegrid Pregartner with Janus Altimezier's Diagnosis
Second Place - Mitchell Harrah with Baldr Medical
Third Place - Marissa MengelKoch with Traffic Trigger
Judges' Choice - Frank Nunez with MindBox
President's Award - Brandon Dutkiewicz with SupportaTroop
This program is administered by the University of South Florida's Center for Entrepreneurship.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org