USF Sustainable Business Competition
The Sustainable Business Model Competition gives students the opportunity to pitch their businesses and win up to $1,000 in cash prizes! The Competition rewards active identification and validation of sustainable business models.
Participants in the competition have an opportunity to define their ideas in commercial terms and to compete for substantial cash prizes that could be used to further the commercialization of their business ideas.
We believe this approach will improve the success of new ventures, allowing entrepreneurs to save both time and money in the process.
Date: Friday November 18, 2022
Location: Kate Tiedemann School of Business and Finance on the St. Petersburg campus, Entrepreneurship Suite (3rd Floor)
Last Date to Apply: November 4, 2022
Finalist Notification: November 7, 2022
Final Competition: November 18, 2022 (12:30-4:30)
First Place - $1,000
Second Place - $750
Third Place - $250
Honorable mention - $250
- The competition is open to any current student of USF. Select high school students may participate.
- Finalists will be required to present the business model of their sustainable innovation in-person to the panel of business experts at the Kate Tiedemann School of Business and Finance on the St. Petersburg campus.
- Each team is given 7 minutes to present before the panel followed by a short Q&A (PowerPoint presentations to be used as visual aid).
To inspire and educate student entrepreneurs who launch validated ventures that contribute to a sustainable future through entrepreneurship and innovation.
- To inspire students to start new businesses
- To teach valuable business skills
- To promote entrepreneurship
- To help students achieve success in the classroom and after they graduate
Learn more about Business Model Canvas
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org