USF Sustainability Pitch Competition
The USF Sustainability Pitch Competition gives students the opportunity to pitch their businesses and win thousands in cash prizes! The competition rewards active identification and validation of sustainable business models.
Participants in the competition have an opportunity to define their ideas in commercial terms and to compete for substantial cash prizes that could be used to further the commercialization of their business ideas.
We believe this approach will improve the success of new ventures, allowing entrepreneurs to save both time and money in the process.
Date: Friday October 20, 2023
Location: Kate Tiedemann School of Business and Finance on the St. Petersburg campus, Main Auditorium. 12:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Last Date to Apply: October 10, 2023
Finalist Notification: October 12, 2023
Final Competition: October 20, 2023 12:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
1st Place: $1,000
2nd Place: $750
3rd Place: $500
Special Mention: $250
1st Place: Dylan Wilbur- Spiral Farms
2nd Place: Mira Stimac- Lope
3rd Place: Rebekah Israel- Future Generators + Innovators
Special Mention: Tracy Tanovich- Silent Rolling Robotics
- The competition is open to any current USF. Select high school students may participate.
- Finalists will be required to present the business model of their sustainable innovation in-person to the panel of business experts at the Kate Tiedemann School of Business and Finance on the St. Petersburg campus.
- Each team is given 8 minutes to present before the panel followed by a short Q&A (PowerPoint presentations to be used as visual aid).
To inspire and educate student entrepreneurs who launch validated ventures that contribute to a sustainable future through entrepreneurship and innovation.
- To inspire students to start new businesses
- To teach valuable business skills
- To promote entrepreneurship
- To help students achieve success in the classroom and after they graduate
Learn more about Business Model Canvas
Please email: email@example.com