Hardware & Software Requirements for Students
Requirements for Students Learning Remotely
- High-speed internet access. At least 5Mbps upload and download (cable modem or comparable service) for MS Teams video calls.
- Headset (optional)
General computing requirement
- PC/Laptop preferably less than 5 years old
- Minimum Specifications:
- Processor: current generation of Intel Core Series (i3, i5, i7, i9) or AMD Ryzen equivalent
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Storage: 256GB
- Camera, Microphone, and Speakers
- Wireless connectivity (WiFi)
- Windows 10 or Mac OS X
Please Note: Individual colleges and programs may have their own requirements. Connect with the USF Computer Store for the latest recommended hardware (NetId required).
- Microsoft Office 365 Software
- Microsoft Office 365 Email
- Microsoft Teams
- Antivirus Software
- Software Catalog (available titles for USF students)
- Safety and Best Practices for Students
- Latest version of a web browser (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Edge)
- Box is the official file storage platform for USF. Store files in Box at https://usf.account.box.com/login.