Dive in and start your scuba diving certification journey ONLINE TODAY with PADI Open Water e-Learning!
The SCUBA certification takes place online and in-person over 4 days. Prior to your course start, you'll have an online education module to complete (approx 10-15 hours).
- The Friday of the first date, you'll have an evening session in classroom for an hour and then in the pool for 3 hour, 6pm-10pm.
- The following day, Saturday, you'll have a full morning & afternoon session in the pool, 9am-3pm.
- The next weekend, Saturday, you'll meet up at Lake Denton, Sebring (approximately 1hr 30min from USF) from 8am-4pm for your first 3 open-water dives.
- Then, on Sunday following, you'll have the option to complete your open-water dives on a Charter out of Clearwater ($130 add-on) or to certify locally at Hudson Grotto for no additional charge on an alternate date.
- The charter is the best educational option allowing you to complete a 60ft open-water dive, however we recognize cost is a barrier for some and are providing an alternative. You can pay for the charter when registering, or wait until your course and talk with the instructor about paying then or the alternative option.
|Fri | April 1, 2022||6:00 – 10:00 PM||Lane 1, Lane 2 | REC Pool|
|Sat | April 2, 2022||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM||Lane 1, Lane 2 | REC Pool|
|Sat | April 9, 2022||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM||Adventure Trips|
|Sun | April 10, 2022||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM||Adventure Trips|
Open Water Dives
In order for a student to receive scuba certification s/he must also complete 5 open water dives. These dives are done over 2 dates. They usually occur on the Saturday morning at the end of the 3rd week and again after the 4th week. We currently go to Crystal River (Kings Spring) for the first 3 dives and then finish the remaining two dives at Blue Grotto (another spring).
Each student MUST provide their own Mask, Fins and Snorkel. You have the option when registering to add-on an appropriate rental set or purchase a new, high-quality set. If you have your own gear, please bring it with your first day of certification. USF will provide tanks, air, regulators, buoyancy compensators and weight.
$60 rental or $210 purchase.