About Adventure Trips
Upcoming Adventure Trips for Spring 2023
|Trip Date(s)||Trip Name||Price||Registration Link|
|Jan 14 - 16, 2023||Everglades Variety Adventure||$175||Link|
|Jan 19, 2023||Nature RX – Mindfulness Walk||$0||Link|
|Jan 21 - 22, 2023||St. Augustine and Blue Springs||$125||Link|
|Jan 21, 2023||Mountain Biking at Alafia||$50||Link|
|Feb 9, 2023||Nature RX – Mindfulness Walk||$0||Link|
|Feb 10 - 12, 2023||Backpacking in North Carolina||$175||Link|
|Feb 11 - 12, 2023||Camping 101||$75||Link|
|Feb 18 - 19, 2023||Beach Camping on Shell Key||$75||Link|
|Feb 18, 2023||Ybor Historic Tour & Sunset Paddle||$50||Link|
|Feb 19, 2023||Biking Through Myakka River State Park||$50||Link|
|Feb 21, 2023||Sunset Paddle||$15||Link|
|Feb 24 - 26, 2023||Snorkeling and Camping at Blowing Rocks Preserve||$150||Link|
|Feb 25, 2023||Hiking and Caving in Withlacoochee State Forest||$35||Link|
|Feb 26, 2023||Snorkeling at Devil’s Den & Rainbow Springs||$75||Link|
|Mar 4, 2023||Manatee Adventure at Three Sister Springs||$75||Link|
|Mar 5, 2023||Women’s Hiking for International Women’s Day||$15||Link|
|Mar 11 – 14, 2023||South Florida Bucket List Adventure||$400||Link|
|Mar 12 - 18, 2023||Great Smoky Mountain Hiking Adventure||$500||Link|
|Mar 12-18, 2023||Great Smoky Mountain Backpacking Adventure||$450||Link|
|Mar 12 - 18, 2023||Skiing Trip||$700||Link|
|Mar 21, 2023||Sunset Paddle||$15||Link|
|Mar 25 - 26, 2023||Beach Camping on Anclote Key||$75||Link|
|Mar 26, 2023||Learn to Surf||$75||Link|
|Mar 31 – Apr 2, 2023||Backpacking through Providence Canyon||$150||Link|
|Apr 1 – 2, 2023||Service Adventure Overnight||$75||Link|
|Apr 2, 2023||Shark Tooth Hunting||$45||Link|
|Apr 7 - 9, 2023||Waterfall Hiking in North Carolina||$200||Link|
|Apr 8, 2023||Snorkeling at Alexander Springs||$60||Link|
|Apr 9, 2023||Bike to the Beach at Honeymoon Island||$45||Link|
|Apr 13, 2023||Nature RX – Mindfulness Walk||$0||Link|
|Apr 14 - 16, 2023||Whitewater Rafting Adventure||$300||Link|
|Apr 16, 2023||Beach Day on Caladesi Island||$50||Link|
|Apr 16, 2023||Plant Identification Hike||$30||Link|
|Apr 18, 2023||Sunset Paddle||$15||Link|
|Apr 22 - 23, 2023||Road Trip to Savannah, Georgia||$150||Link|
|Apr 22, 2023||Service Adventure at Hillsborough River State Park||$15||Link|
|Apr 23, 2023||Ichetuknee Springs Tubing & Snorkeling||$75||Link|
|Apr 23, 2023||Blueberry Picking||$35||Link|
|Apr 30, 2023||Mindfulness Hiking at Robinson Preserve||$35||Link|
|May 7 - 13, 2023||Puerto Rico Service Adventure||$800||Link|
|May 7 - 13, 2023||Wild Hawaii||$750||Link|
|Jun 4 - 10, 2023||Pacific North West Variety Adventure||$700||Link|
|Jul 26 - Aug 6, 2023||Adventure Abroad: Iceland Adventure Trek||$1,800||Link|
USF RecWell’s Adventure Trip Program eliminates barriers for you to get outdoors and connect with the natural world on various adventures.
Do you want to try something new, meet new people, or see fascinating things in nature? How about all three! Most of our trips are beginner friendly, additionally transportation, gear, food, and trip leaders are provided.
So whether you want to explore Florida more through our Passport to Florida programs, travel throughout the United States on trips experience nature through activities like hiking, caving, whitewater rafting, and backpacking, or you want to take a journey outside the US on one of our Adventure Abroad trips, we have an adventure for everyone!
In addition to pre-planned experiences, we offer custom trips for student organizations, friend groups, or University departments!
How To Register
Don't see a trip that piques your interest? Not a problem! Reach out to email@example.com to get more info about setting up your very own Custom Adventure Trip!
What to expect
- On most trips, you don’t need any experience. Really! If a trip requires experience, we’ll indicate what experience you should have on the Registration page.
- After signing up for a trip, within 1-2 weeks before the trip your Trip Leader will reach out with all of the information you will need, including meet up location, what you need to pack, and any other specifics for your trip.
- Overnight trips will include a pre-trip meeting. This meeting is mandatory for trip participants. It will include valuable information, such as appropriate
clothing, necessary gear, what food to bring, the trip plan, and any necessary paperwork.
- Once you sign up staff will be in contact about 2-3 weeks before the trip to schedule this meeting.
Adventure Trip Categories
Not sure what kind of adventure you’re seeking? Maybe these categories will help you narrow down what you’re looking for!
Local Adventure – Explore Tampa Bay and it’s natural setting whether it is on the bike on Downtown’s Riverwalk, kayaking through Weedon Island, or walking through Ybor City.
Urban Exploration - Adventure is everywhere, we will experience some of the great outdoors around some of our favorite urban areas.
Passport to Florida - See the real Florida at some of America’s best State Parks and natural beauties all across the state including springs, beaches, and forests.
Classic - Hiking, trekking, biking, paddling, and camping adventures, made for beginners and outdoor types.
Appalachian Adventure – Come with us on a trip to the mountains. We will explore one of the oldest mountain ranges on the Earth; hiking, camping, and backpacking through its rolling peaks and cascading waterfalls.
Adventure With Confidence - Come out and learn a new skill or improve your current skills. These trips are meant to provide a hands-on experience for anyone wanting to try new ways to get outside!
Adventure Abroad - Want to travel the world, off the beaten path? Take trips around the world, exploring some of nature’s most specular places and immersing ourselves in the local culture. Getting to spend time outdoors in remote landscapes, as well as explore the local culture in cities and towns along the way.
Nature Rx – Reconnect with the natural world and yourself. Discover awe-inspiring destinations combined with rejuvenating activities like mindfulness walks, plant identification, yoga and meditation to recharge the body and nourish the mind.
Adventure Trip Policies
- We want our trips to be safe, fun, and memorable.
- Due to weather and other safety concerns, trip itineraries are subject to change.
- Trip Leaders will communicate any changes in a timely manner.
- Outdoor Recreation practices strong Leave No Trace ethics. (LNT.org) Pack it in, pack it out!
- All students participating in Recreation & Wellness Programs are expected to follow
the University of South Florida Student Code of Conduct.
- Should violations of said Code occur, participants risk expulsion from the trip and barring from participation in future programs.
- Outdoor Recreation does not condone hate speech, bullying, emotional or physical abuse, or racism on any of our trips. Use of such language or actions could result in expulsion from the program. We pride ourselves in a creating an inclusive community space where meaningful dialogues and personal growth can take place.
- Adventure Trips are Alcohol Alternative Programs, therefore no alcohol is allowed to be consumed during the trip. Any underage consumption could result in University judicial consequences.
- No illicit drugs or drug paraphernalia are allowed on trips in any fashion. Breach of this rule will result in an immediate expulsion from the trip and could result in University judicial consequences.
- We reserve the right to cancel a program due to inclement weather, natural disasters,
or extenuating circumstances.
- In the event we must cancel a program, a full trip refund will be provided.
- You can find the full refund policy on the Trip Registration page.
Location: USF Recreation & Wellness, Room REC013