Upcoming Adventure Trips
The Outdoor Recreation Adventure Trip Program provides an opportunity to experience the outdoors through various adventures. Whether you want to explore Florida more through our Passport to Florida programs, travel throughout the United States on trips doing things like hiking, caving, whitewater rafting, and backpacking, or you want to travel outside the US on one of our Adventure Abroad trips, Outdoor Recreation has an adventure for everyone! Trips are open to all ability levels, with safety, fun, and enjoying nature being our top priorities! All trips have trained and certified staff who help every step of the way.
Custom Group Trips
Don’t see a trip that piques your interest, or already have a set group and want us to plan a trip for you? Email Kristin Cash to set one up!
Get some fresh air, try something different, make new friends and Insta-worthy memories!
- Click the Trip name to register online.
- Call us at 813-974-6381 for inquiries and registrations questions
- Visit Outdoor Recreaction in REC013 for tours and rentals
|January 18-20, 2020||Great Smoky Mountain Winter Camping||Gatlinburg, TN||$150|
|January 19, 2020||Withlacoochee Day Hiking||Brooksville, FL||$20|
|February 8-9, 2020||Wild Caving in Tennessee||Racoon Mountain, TN||$150|
|February 15, 2020||Passport to Florida: Morikami Gardens||Palm Beach, FL||$50|
|February 16, 2020||Passport to Florida: Snorkeling at Devil's Den and Rainbow River||Williston, FL||$70|
|February 16, 2020||Passport to Florida: Bok Tower Gardens||Lakeland, FL||$30|
|February 22-23, 2020||Hiking at Providence Canyon||Lumpkin, GA||$120|
|February 29, 2020||Mountain Biking at Alafia||Lithia, FL||$30|
|March 1, 2020||Hiking at Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge||Sanibel, FL||$50|
|February 29 - March 1, 2020||Adventure with Confidence: Camping 101||Kissimmee, FL||$45|
|March 7 - March 8, 2020||Bike Packing||Ocala, FL||$60|
|March 7-8, 2020||Passport to Florida: Keys Snorkeling||Key Largo, FL||$145|
|March 14-18, 2020||Shell Key Beach Camping||Asheville, NC||$200|
|March 14-21, 2020||Grand Canyon Road Trip||Grand Canyon, AZ||$600|
|March 15-21, 2020||Puerto Rico Service - Honors LLC||San Juan, PR||$600|
|March 15-21, 2020||Rio Grande River Canoeing||Big Bend, TX||$400|
|March 15-21, 2020||Great Smoky Mountain Hiking||Gatlinburg, TN||$300|
|March 15-21, 2020||Great Smoky Mountain Backpacking||Gatlinburg, TN||$300|
|March 28-29, 2020||Whitewater Rafting||Columbus, GA||$225|
|March 29, 2020||Urban Exploration: Edison & Ford Estate||Fort Myers, FL||$45|
|April 4, 2020||Little Manatee River Kayaking||Wimauma, FL||$30|
|April 5, 2020||Adventure with Confidence: Learn to Surf||Cocoa, FL||$45|
|April 4-5, 2020||Waterfalls of Georgia Hiking||Helen, GA||$145|
|April 11, 2020||Passport to Florida: Hiking at Paynes Prairie||Micanopy, FL||$45|
|April 11-12, 2020||Shell Key Beach Camping||St Pete, FL||$50|
|April 12, 2020||Mountain Biking at Santos||Ocala, FL||$30|
|April 18, 2020||Tubing the Ichetucknee||High Springs, FL||$40|
|April 17-19, 2020||Mount Mitchell Mindfulness Hiking||Asheville, NC||$145|
|April 19, 2020||Blueberry Picking||Plant City, FL||$30|
|April 18-19, 2020||Canoeing the Suwannee River||High Springs, FL||$85|
|April 17-19, 2020||Discover SCUBA||Key Largo, FL||$300|
|April 25, 2020||Passport to Florida: Sharktooth Beach Day||Venice, FL||$25|
|April 26, 2020||Kayaking the Hillsborough River||Tampa, FL||$20|
|May 2, 2020||Hiking the Weeki Wachee Preserve||Weeki Wachee, FL||$20|
|May 3, 2020||Paddle Board Yoga||St Pete, FL||$30|
|May 10-16, 2020||Wild Hawaii Hiking||Kaui, HI||$650|
|May 10-16, 2020||Puerto Rico Service||San Juan, PR||$600|
|May 10-16, 2020||Oregon Road Trip||Portland, Oregon||$450|
Interested in traveling abroad? Visit our Adventure Abroad page to learn about opportunities to study abroad through outdoor recreation.
|December 15 - 20, 2019||Puerto Rico Service Trip||San Juan, Puerto Rico||$600 (flights not included)|
|December 15 - 20, 2019||Skiing in Canada||Mont Sainte Anne, Quebec||$900 (flights not included)|
- We want our trips to be safe, fun and memorable.
- Due to weather and other safety concerns, trip itineraries are subject to change.
- Outdoor Recreation practices strong Leave No Trace ethics. (LNT.org) Pack it in, pack it out!
- We are very open to feedback! Let us know how we can serve you better. Be sure to complete the trip satisfaction survey your trip leader will email you after the trip.
- In order to secure your spot on a trip you must pay at least 50% of the trip cost. Payment of the full trip cost must be made in full prior to scheduled departure for the trip
How do I pay/register for adventure trips?
Outdoor Resource Center:
- Come in person to the ORC (bottom floor of the Campus Recreation Center in REC013, near men’s locker room) and check in with one of our staff members. Note that all of our trips are first come, first serve. To make a partial payment/deposit you must come into the ORC.
- Use the online portal for trip registration. Just click the trips you want, enter an emergency contact, and pay in full!
Please see each trip’s registration page for the refund policy. Refunds will be provided if the trip must be cancelled for any reason. Refunds will not be given if there is an itinerary changes due to weather or safety concerns. Contact Steven Koster (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any refund requests.
It is our goal to make trip costs as low as possible. We plan trips on a zero-based budget system and want to provide outdoor experiences for everyone with as little burden as possible. The price of each trip includes transportation, trip leaders, equipment, food, and lodging.
- Trip food, gear, transportation, and Trip Leaders (see each trip for specifics of what is included).
- If flights are required for a trip, those will not be included in the trip price, participants will need to purchase their own flights. Please wait for specific instructions about travel information from the trip staff before buying flights.
- We adjust all trip menu plans according to dietary restrictions and allergies.
- Occasionally, groups will eat on the road while traveling. These meals are generally not included in the trip cost. Your trip leaders will inform you of any meals not included in the trip price.
- If trips have additional costs associated with them, participants will be informed ahead of time.
- All students participating in Campus Recreation programs are expected to follow the
university student code of conduct.
- Should violations of said code occur, participants risk expulsion from the trip and barring from participation in future programs.
- Outdoor Recreation does not condone hate speech, bullying, emotional or physical abuse, or racism on any of our trips. Use of such language or actions could result in expulsion from the program. We pride ourselves in a creating an inclusive community space where meaningful dialogues and personal growth can take place.
- Adventure Trips are Alcohol alternative Programs, therefore NO Alcohol is allowed
to be consumed during the trip.
- Any underage consumption could result in University judicial consequences.
- NO illicit drugs or drug paraphernalia are allowed on trips in any fashion. Breach of this rule will result in an immediate expulsion from the trip and could result in University judicial consequences.
Don't see a trip that piques your interest? Learn more about our Custom Adventure Trips here.