Outdoors & Aquatics
USF Challenge Course
The USF Challenge Course provides personal development and teambuilding programs in a safe, challenging, and supportive environment that promotes a deeper awareness of ourselves, others, and the natural world.
Contact our Challenge Course Team with any questions or feedback (email@example.com).
The USF Challenge Course uses a series of teambuilding games and activities to help groups develop leadership, problem solving, and communication skills. This course is a fantastic and engaging way to encourage team bonding, learning how to tackle challenges, and strengthening your team!
The fifty-foot high course emphasizes healthy risk-taking and trust, with three levels filled with twenty unique challenges that enable participants to expand and grow out of their comfort zones. Once at the top, participants can choose to take the ultimate leap of faith on our zip line, soaring over the Riverfront Park!
All group reservations include:
- One-on-one collaboration with a Lead Facilitator
- A customized teambuilding curriculum
- Full use of our Challenge Course tents, tables, and benches
See our Group Reservation page to learn more!
Challenge Course Events
- Components go here
Want to experience the Challenge Course, but don’t have a group? Our Challenge Course Events are the perfect way for USF Students, Faculty, Staff, and the USF Community to enjoy the Challenge Course without a group reservation!
Check out our Challenge Course Events page to learn more!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make a teambuilding reservation?
- Fill out the Reservation Request Form
- This request must be submitted a minimum of one month prior to the requested date(s)
- Once received, you will be contacted with paperwork within 5 business days.
- Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once a contract is signed, your course is officially reserved; you can change the number of reserved participants up to two weeks before event date
- A Lead Facilitator assigned to your group will contact you within two weeks of your reserved date to create your custom teambuilding curriculum
When can I expect to hear back from my reservation request?
Please allow up to 5 business days for a response. We will get back to you as soon as we are able to.
What is the minimum for group size?
Eight participants is the minimum for a group reservation.
Do you have to be USF affiliated to make a reservation?
No, we serve the USF population and its surrounding community. Prices vary based on type of group.
What is the timeframe/minimum time for a program?
It is a minimum of 2 hours for a Lows Teambuilding program and a minimum of 3 hours for a Highs Teambuilding program.
What is the minimum age to go on the Challenge Course?
We do not have an age minimum or limit for Lows Teambuilding.
For our High Ropes Course, participants must be able to fit into a harness and helmet without it falling below their hips or off their head to participate in High Teambuilding on the Challenge Course.
Do I need to know my billing information prior to submitting a reservation request?
It is not required until you sign a contract.
Will transportation be provided?
Transportation is provided for all Challenge Course Events. Transportation is not provided for all Teambuilding Reservations.
What are your COVID-19 policies?
We will be following COVID-19 precautions during your event. The below precautions are recommended:
- Usage of hand sanitizer before and after touching any props/teambuilding materials
- Having group members bring their own food and water
How do I become a part of the Challenge Course team?
We hire twice a year. Once in early October and again in late Feb/early March. If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume and a cover letter to Shea Van Alstyne, Challenge Course Coordinator, at email@example.com.
What is the cost to reserve the Challenge Course?
You can find our pricing information on the Group Reservations page.
Meet Our Team