Outdoors & Aquatics
USF Recreation & Wellness offers a multitude of Swim Lesson opportunities for individuals of all ages and abilities. During the school year, we only host adult group lessons. For information about our children group lessons, check out our Summer Swim Program page.
We host private and semi-private lessons on a rolling basis throughout the year for both children and adults! All of our instructors are American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certified. In addition to your swimming skills, you will also learn everything from water safety to lap swimming etiquette. Our goal is to build confidence, knowledge, and skills in the aquatic environment!
New Swim Lesson Clients
|Private/Semi-Private Registration Currently Closed|
Step 1: Complete the online New Client Registration form here. You must complete this before you purchase your sessions online.
- New clients must submit the online registration form that includes a health history questionnaire. Clients will receive an email within three (3) business days confirming that they are clear for physical activity, or if a physician’s clearance is needed.
- Only once the new client is cleared they may then proceed to Step 2 below.
- If a physician’s clearance is needed, you must download the form here and have a primary care physician complete and follow the directions for submitting
to Campus Recreation.
- NOTE: Your physician’s office must email/fax the completed form directly to Campus Recreation on your behalf. We will not accept forms directly from clients.
- New clients will not be able to participate until after payment has been made.
- An Aquatics Staff member will contact you within 3-4 business days of payment being made online to schedule your swim lesson(s).
Swim Lesson Client Renewal
Your instructor will be notified that you have purchased additional sessions. Your purchase must be made before scheduling your next session.
Adult Group Lessons
Our adult group lessons are for beginner, intermediate, and advance swimmers! They are taught at a ratio of 1 instructor to 8 students. They run Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday evenings over the duration of 3 weeks (6 lessons total). These classes start promptly, and last 45 minutes.
Private/Semi-Private Registration Currently Closed
Private/Semi-Private Swim Prices
Private lessons are taught at a ratio of 1 instructor to 1 participant, and semi-private lessons are taught at a ration of 1 instructor to 2 participants. Each lesson is 45 minutes at your convenience.
At the beginning of registration, you will be asked a series of questions to pair you to an instructor who specializes in your level, age, and availability.