Creative, Fast Track Scheduling
Most USF business students continue in their professional careers while completing the MBA program. We have designed our fast-track semesters so that you can get through the program more quickly.
In a traditional MBA program, it takes 16 weeks of class in order to complete one three-credit-hour course. The USF MBA program offers alternative scheduling, including 12-week, eight-week, four-week, and one-week courses. This course design allows students to complete extra classes in a year, shortening the time it takes to earn the degree considerably.
Business Foundation Courses
The business foundation courses provide background in several functional areas in order to prepare for more advanced studies. Students who have a recent undergraduate degree or coursework in business may be able to waive some or all of the business foundation courses.
Business Decision Making
- MAN 6147 - Leadership/Management Concepts
- ISM 6021 - Management Information Systems
- ACG 6026 - Accounting Concepts for Managers
- QMB 6305 - Managerial Decision Analysis
- FIN 6406 - Financial Management
- ECO 6005 - Introduction to Economic Concepts for Managers
- MAR 6815 - Marketing Management
Advanced core courses are required courses for every MBA student. No exceptions are granted.
- QMB 6603 - Operations Management and Quality Enhancement
- MAN 6055 - Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- GEB 6445 - Social, Ethical, Legal Systems
- GEB 6215 - Communication Skills for Managers
- FIN 6466 - Financial Analysis
- MAN 6726 - Strategic Business Analysis
- GEB 6226 - Leadership Speaker Series
- GEB 6895 - Integrated Business Applications
Students will have the opportunity to take five or six graduate level business electives to complete MBA requirements. The elective course selection enables students to develop expertise that is customized to their personal and professional goals and interests. Some students pursue a concentration in supply chain management or sports and entertainment management. Other students select from the areas of study listed below, which are closely related courses that represent advanced study in that area. Other students select a unique combination of business and other college graduate courses to create their own profile of special expertise.
Students who elect to specialize in a specific area will take 3 courses in the area to receive recognition of completion of the specialization earned. Available specializations include:
- Leadership Concepts & Organization Theory
- Analytics & Business Intelligence (Graduate Certificate also available)
- Compliance, Risk & Anti-Money Laundering
- Creativity and Innovation
- Digital Marketing
- Entrepreneurship (Graduate Certificate also available)
- Healthcare Management
- International Business
- Management Information Systems
- Marketing Strategy
- Project and Process Management
- Sustainable Business